IGNORED

eBay Still Sucks Monkey Balls

Albert

I don't know if I should be complaining - this item was cheap and it did work! I guess I'm just kind of shocked that *anybody* would package a DVD player like this (unless they were hoping it would break and looking for negative feedback), which is exactly how it got here this morning. There's a little bit of something rattling around inside it when you swap ends, but whatever it is is very tiny. I have been "burning it in" (not sure if that term is appropriate here) by playing discs with it ALL DAY and it continues to work.

4441076075_fa4564919c_o.jpg

I am very much a fan of this particular model of Sony DVD player because I have used them for years and thrown others away in that time. I don't want to vouch for all of Sony's products, but I really have had good luck with this model, and more importantly Sony ceased to include S-video on models shortly after this one.

Granted it was cheap, at $10 + $12. Nothing is cheap if it arrives broken. I guess this is a pretty good model after all, eh?

This is no big deal, but here's the auction, in case you're curious who the seller was - as I really appreciate when other people list the seller in their complaints.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1105028322811?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=110502832281&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Holy cow, that is absolutely atrocious packaging for a DVD player. I can't believe the seller just jammed it into a Priority Mail box with absolutely no padding. I assume remote was just rattling around in there somewhere. If and when you give this seller feedback, I hope you give them low marks. And why the heck doesn't eBay have a DSR rating for "packaging"? I mean, this is one area that can greatly affect the quality of the merchandise you receive, yet sellers are basically given a free pass on it. Really shows you who eBay is rooting for..

I looked through a few pages of that seller's eBay feedback and it's not very good overall. Other complaints about packaging and shipping and many of the positives aren't exactly positive. You have to wonder how many people aren't leaving feedback at all and weren't satisfied.

..Al

I received one very cheap item today from an eBay seller in the same city. 8 ceramic coasters for 99 cents plus $5.00 shipping priority mail small flat rate box. Emailed her to tell her if she wanted to drop them off, she could keep the postage and actually at least break even on the item.

She mailed them the next day, it took almost two weeks to get them because she put the wrong zip code on the package and the post office sat on them for a few days. She put a piece of bubble wrap in the small flat rate box, then placed the ceramic tiles inside it without taping the bubble wrap so they were loose in package. Amazingly, they survived with the exception of one broken coaster. Not only that but while she did ship them in the small flat rate box, she put prepaid postage of $10.70 on the package, the amount for a flat rate medium box. So she lost somewhere around $5 on the sale.

I didn't feel she deserved negative feedback so I ended up giving her positive feedback.

I do think that I should at least tell her that it was not really appropriate packing though.

I guess I'm just kind of shocked that *anybody* would package a DVD player like this

Holy cow! What was this guy thinking? Everyone knows you use a bubble mail envelope to ship stuff like this! Wait... that's just for CIB items.

Seriously tho, there is no excuse for packaging electronics like that.

Edited by the-topdog

I don't know if I should be complaining - this item was cheap and it did work! I guess I'm just kind of shocked that *anybody* would package a DVD player like this (unless they were hoping it would break and looking for negative feedback), which is exactly how it got here this morning. There's a little bit of something rattling around inside it when you swap ends, but whatever it is is very tiny. I have been "burning it in" (not sure if that term is appropriate here) by playing discs with it ALL DAY and it continues to work.

I am very much a fan of this particular model of Sony DVD player because I have used them for years and thrown others away in that time. I don't want to vouch for all of Sony's products, but I really have had good luck with this model, and more importantly Sony ceased to include S-video on models shortly after this one.

Granted it was cheap, at $10 + $12. Nothing is cheap if it arrives broken. I guess this is a pretty good model after all, eh?

This is no big deal, but here's the auction, in case you're curious who the seller was - as I really appreciate when other people list the seller in their complaints.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1105028322811?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=110502832281&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

That is exactly how my Turbo express arrived. Worked as well. but a wonder that it did.

Holy cow, that is absolutely atrocious packaging for a DVD player. I can't believe the seller just jammed it into a Priority Mail box with absolutely no padding. I assume remote was just rattling around in there somewhere. If and when you give this seller feedback, I hope you give them low marks. And why the heck doesn't eBay have a DSR rating for "packaging"? I mean, this is one area that can greatly affect the quality of the merchandise you receive, yet sellers are basically given a free pass on it. Really shows you who eBay is rooting for..

I looked through a few pages of that seller's eBay feedback and it's not very good overall. Other complaints about packaging and shipping and many of the positives aren't exactly positive. You have to wonder how many people aren't leaving feedback at all and weren't satisfied.

..Al

If it fits.. it ships! :roll: must have forgooten the part about packing.

• 3 weeks later...

I left NEUTRAL feedback but detailed the problem. I don't leave much negative feedback; I figure people who do too much (and I'm sure they're out there) are likely to be seen as unreasonable and blocked. Besides, the thing works. Only if you pick it up and swap ends in the air do you hear the little "thing" bouncing around inside. Before I set it down to play, I always hold the end with the DVD mech higher so the "thing" will be away from the moving parts - LOL!

But the seller has messaged me twice wanting me to "upgrade" the feedback! I've never seen this before. Once on March 28 and once today.

you never contacted me about any problem ,why straight to feedback ? God bless you .

hello

please be kind and revise your feedback to a positive one ,i sent you a request check your eBay email.,if you still having problem with item let me know ,thanks and God bless .

Man, sellers are strange. There's no way to "fix" this problem as it would cost what it's worth to return it anyway...and I'd have to pack it (properly, of course!!!) Plus, it works. I wonder if I should ask for money, yet I keep the item??? You think I could get it? Why are they so bugged by a neutral feedback? Maybe they're on the ropes feedback-wise? What is the standard that they must maintain?

I hear that phrase a lot when people mess up (and they mess up often): "God bless". lol

OR "best wishes" after you've chewed them out. :ponder:

If your not religious couldnt god bless just be a bad thing to say? lol. Least they weren't chewing you out, is neutral even that bad a thing to have? I left a neutral a couple days ago and the seller was upset. I replied back that they ignored my email from a couple weeks ago and didnt seem to care then about my item just being wrapped in paper, getting some slight damage and that they obviously overcharged me since it said $6.81 on the shipping label. It was a boxed gameboy they charged $15 to ship when even a flat rate box would have fit it and still cost less than $15. I would NOT have complained about a couple bucks overcharge if shipped properly. Luckily the damage was not major and I got a super low price on it.

I won another auction for an Odyssey 2 system boxed for 99 cents and $15 shipping. Again wrapped in paper and USPS put a nice hole in the bottom of the box. I am undecided on how to leave feedback since well it was 99 cents and it wasnt a huge overcharge on shipping though he did say it would be "shipped safely". It does work.

My favorite is still the guy I won another system off and before I won I asked if it would be shipped in a box. He replied back "with out a doubt this will be packed safely in a box". It came wrapped in paper....I asked to be refunded for shipping and he said he was sorry he was selling it for a 10 yr old who shipped it off and couldnt do that. The strangest thing is several weeks later he asked to buy just the box back from me!

People are just odd, you never know who your buying from. Could someday be the lady who asked me if my company had coverage overseas. I asked her what country she was going to and she said Florida...we/she lives in New York state. Also last I check Florida is not a country. When I asked her what city and how to spell it she said "lakeville"..."L, A, KEY, V"...wasnt aware KEY was a letter!

Edited by coyo5050

If your not religious couldnt god bless just be a bad thing to say? lol.

No, no, no... Religious or not, I'm not offended when people say that, BUT... what I am taking from it is: "yes, you're right - I am a douche, thanks for calling me out. Please take a moment to realize that we're all human and that you should be cutting me some slack". That's what I hear when people use the phrase "God bless". :lol:

Same with "best wishes", only in reverse. They actually think *you're* the one in the wrong because you aren't so accepting of *their* worthlessness. Both can be construed as condescending - which most people cannot afford to be in our society. Today.

Edited by save2600

you never contacted me about any problem ,why straight to feedback ? God bless you .

hello

please be kind and revise your feedback to a positive one ,i sent you a request check your eBay email.,if you still having problem with item let me know ,thanks and God bless .

See, this tells you that that person has absolutely no "common" sense. First, to shove an electronic item in a box like that, then second to not get a clue with your neutral fb. They probably will NEVER get it. I understand your reasoning for no neg, but I would have negged them merciless for that. And you're right, they can't fix it! Nothing can be done, therefore, straight to feedback.