IGNORED

NES goes for over $13,000.00

vrocko

Yeah Bandai was the original company that had released that game(it works with the fitness pad which i think Bandai had released too).

Then if am correct they sold the game to Nintendo(or something of this nature)and Nintendo re-released it and there version is the one that you see every where and is dirt cheap.

When I see stuff like this, I always wonder who in the hell is a serious enough NES collector to drop 13 grand on a single game. And who other than the really rich has that kind of money to drop on something which if you think about it, is awfully frivolous.

Well, at least the buyer will be able to recoup 50 or 60 bucks by reselling the NES and other games...

• Like 1

Stadium Events is of the rarest of the rare NES games. Nintendo pulled the plug the Bandai version very quick and it only saw a very limited shelf life in the USA. After nintendo killed the game on Bandai it was re-released by Nintendo as World Class Track Meet and is very common under that title.

Wow, just wow! :love:

Yeah, I knew Stadium Events was rare -- is it REALLY true that only about 10 boxes have been found, though? That just seems WAY too low.

That's a really cool auction and I'm happy for her. It sounds like she didn't know the game was so rare when she listed it. Then I admire her for sticking with it and not closing the auction early. Not only that, but she warned about a possible scam with her info. It's good to see there are some honest sellers left these days. :)

The new article will help encourge people to go through their attics and old things. Yes, it will mean a lot of crap listed, but it also means that more rare games like this will surface. :)

I bought mine on ebay back in 2004 paid maybe 60 bones for it, in box with manual....box had some normal wear, but nothing major.....why is it so uncommon now?

Are you sure it is a CIB copy of Stadium Events by Bandai?

Yeah, I'm going to have to call BS on that one. Stadium Events was rare and valuable then as well.

Chris

I bought mine on ebay back in 2004 paid maybe 60 bones for it, in box with manual....box had some normal wear, but nothing major.....why is it so uncommon now?

Are you sure it is a CIB copy of Stadium Events by Bandai?

Yeah, I'm going to have to call BS on that one. Stadium Events was rare and valuable then as well.

Chris

13000 dollars for what is essentially a label variation

i can understand unique rarities like the NWC cart going for thousands, but that is simply knuts

I just wish people stop making up stories about the number of Stadium Events carts released.

Some of the information in regards to Stadium Events on the Wiki pages are incorrect.

For instance, Stadium Events was not only available at Woolworths in the Northeast region.

But also Stadiums Events was sold on the Westcoast. I know because I held a copy of the

game in my hands at the now defunct ADRAY-MART electronic & appliance discount store in 1987.

Not only was Stadium Events sold there but also the original Bandai Family Fun Fitness Set.

This also leads me to question - why isn't the original Bandai Family Fun Fitness Set

worth about the same as Stadium Events ?? Both items were pulled from the shelves after

Nintendo bought the rights to market their "Power Pad Deluxe Set". They both ungone a

a cosmetic change.

post-22235-126641145798_thumb.jpg

Edited by Grooveraider

I just wish people stop making up stories about the number of Stadium Events carts released.

Some of the information in regards to Stadium Events on the Wiki pages are incorrect.

For instance, Stadium Events was not only available at Woolworths in the Northeast region.

But also Stadiums Events was sold on the Westcoast. I know because I held a copy of the

game in my hands at the now defunct ADRAY-MART electronic & appliance discount store in 1987.

Not only was Stadium Events sold there but also the original Bandai Family Fun Fitness Set.

This also leads me to question - why isn't the original Bandai Family Fun Fitness Set

worth about the same as Stadium Events ?? Both items were pulled from the shelves after

Nintendo bought the rights to market their "Power Pad Deluxe Set". They both ungone a

a cosmetic change.

If it's true that only 10 CIB copies of Bandai's Stadium Events are known -- and that's from the Yahoo article -- then not many copies of the game could have been sold before it was removed from stores. Certinaly no more then a few thousand. Of course, we don't know where Yahoo got that from either. I recall seeing someone say in another post that he knew of 6-7 CIB copies in collector's hands. Loose copies are probaly around.

Wow that's ALOT of money for a game that is'nt even really that good lol :ponder:

Same with Bubble Bath Babes.....that game sucks!! ( basically just has a naked chick farting out bubbles and you connect them like Tetris) but it's worth so much tho lol.Peek-A-Boo Poker is another game that's worth alot that is'nt even good. Don't understand the crazy prices sometimes.