IGNORED

Harmony Cart 7800

Underball

Not sure if it's worth to make 7800 version. There are not many games worth playing for the 7800 - meaning - you can easily have a couple of cartridges instead.

The point is to be able to play prototypes, demos, home-brews, and rarer games that the collectors try to overcharge for.

Also for development purposes.

• Like 1

Not sure if it's worth to make 7800 version. There are not many games worth playing for the 7800 - meaning - you can easily have a couple of cartridges instead.

We don't care if you don't want one.

Also for development purposes.

Bingo!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Then their should be other alternatives that are not just a hobby, but a business. Over a hundred people are willing to spend hard earned money. I'm surprised no one wants to take it already. Someone else is eventually going to produce this, I've heard rumblings about these being worked on in Europe. I would hate If someone stole the H2 thunder and costs the people involved sales.

Edited by slackerwithin

Then their should be other alternatives that are not just a hobby, but a business. Over a hundred people are willing to spend hard earned money. I'm surprised no one wants to take it already. Someone else is eventually going to produce this, I've heard rumblings about these being worked on in Europe. I would hate If someone stole the H2 thunder and costs the people involved sales.

Well, you could always buy a Cuttle Cart 2. :ponder:

Otherwise have some patience. It is just a hobby, and real life takes precedence.

I say they can go ahead, so we can gloat about how vastly superior H2 is when it's finished.
  • Like 1

I am not sayng I would buy it. I own two harmony carts and have recommended many more to friends. The quality is excellent, however if you have seen the everdrive line from Europe,it's hard to say that that is not quality also. I'm not talking some backroom china cart. I know retrozone had a take it or leave attitude and that these carts are a privilege and I would not be be surprised if the everdrive hasn't cut into his bottem line. I am a loyal customer, I think waiting almost a year proves that. I just think the market is changing.

Edited by slackerwithin

Then their should be other alternatives that are not just a hobby, but a business. Over a hundred people are willing to spend hard earned money.

"Over 100 people" for a 1-time purchase is not a viable business opportunity for something as inexpensive as this will be.

• Like 1

I am not sayng I would buy it. I own two harmony carts and have recommended many more to friends. The quality is excellent, however if you have seen the everdrive line from Europe,it's hard to say that that is not quality also. I'm not talking some backroom china cart. I know retrozone had a take it or leave attitude and that these carts are a privilege and I would not be be surprised if the everdrive hasn't cut into his bottem line. I am a loyal customer, I think waiting almost a year proves that. I just think the market is changing.

Ukraine: Now part of Europe. :D

The reaon no one is making a business of this is that the return on investment cannot justify the business case. The likes of Batari, Curt, CPUWIZ etc, produce new products from time to time, but the time and effort they put in is not rewarded financially. Therefore this will probably only ever be a "hobby" to them and for that reason we remain indebted to these people.

• Like 2

Last time I checked Ukraine is an Eastern European Country??? Or maybe this is an ethnic Joke?? Who knows...

Fair enough. I'm sure the cart will be close to $100, as it should be. I'm sure they wouldn't waste their time if they were not making any money. I'm sure the only reason they do it is for the love of Atari. Hahaha.. That's cool though. When it comes out I will buy a couple if it don't I won't. I'm not indebted to any one who cashes a check and I won't defend for the sake of defending. I appreciate everything Batari does and I'm willing to pay cash for the appreciation. Many will cry over price and not buy one, wanting all bataris hard work something for nothing. Not me.

Edited by slackerwithin

I'm sure they wouldn't waste their time if they were not making any money. I'm sure the only reason they do it is for the love of Atari. Hahaha..

It took me about 9 months to write Medieval Mayhem. The money I've made off it is insignificant compared to the time invested. So yes, love of Atari is a huge factor (as is the challenge to oneself).

Edited by SpiceWare

I own the game. Thanks. Great job. However, you spend that time because you enjoy spending time making video games. Most people don't get anything for their enjoyment time...playing videogames, fishing, whatever... You chose to sell it, to make some money whatever that may be. I totally agree you should. I want to buy them. But business plays a role. You could release it for free which I wouldn't want, cus you deserve money.

Edited by slackerwithin

Then their should be other alternatives that are not just a hobby, but a business. Over a hundred people are willing to spend hard earned money.

"Over 100 people" for a 1-time purchase is not a viable business opportunity for something as inexpensive as this will be.

Over 100 people isn't even enough to justify a friggin' lemonade stand. No one here has a problem with paying for the product. It'll be worth every penny. But it's going to cost WAY more than $1000 to produce this in time and materials and production costs. When this happens it will be because batari has it ready, on his dime, and his schedule.

OVER 100 PEOPLE.

OVER 9000!!!! LOL.