IGNORED

Best looking game?

Pyromaniac605

Two of my first games for the 2600 back in the early 80's that really impressed me was Demon Attack (those colorful birds were almost mesmerizing) and Starmaster (the starfield effect was very cool and the enemy ships when in close proximity looked like Klingon Birdsof Prey); and combined with cool sound effects and high playability those games are still impressive to me today.

I'm impressed with the big sprites and overall look of Pete Rose Baseball although the gameplay isn't that good.

I really like how Beamrider has an almost Tempest-like grid with well defined enemies that get added every few sectors.

As far as looks in general, I remember really wanting Fire Fighter based on how it looked.

Dragonfire... for the large, detailed dragons.

Medieval Mayhem... for the large, detailed dragon (especially the dancing in the easter egg credits screen).

Adventure... for the large, detailed ducks dragons. :lol:

Seriously, though, The Official Frogger (Starpath) looks like it's on a different system, compared to the Parker Brothers version.

• Like 1

In Ladybug, I like how the flickering was taken good use of, by superimposing two different colors that make a third one to the eye. There are so many interesting feats in this one, I'd love to see them listed and commented upon.

Imagic really pulled their titles above the rest, at least visually, by paying attention to the visuals and hiring professional artists. Demon Attack looks good, even though the speed isn't "all that" and the variety is lacking compared to its inspiration, Phoenix.

In Ladybug, I like how the flickering was taken good use of, by superimposing two different colors that make a third one to the eye. There are so many interesting feats in this one, I'd love to see them listed and commented upon.

Imagic really pulled their titles above the rest, at least visually, by paying attention to the visuals and hiring professional artists. Demon Attack looks good, even though the speed isn't "all that" and the variety is lacking compared to its inspiration, Phoenix.

Imagic games are great quite a few were starting to look almost like colecovision titles. :lol:

Seriously though until i played dragonfire i didn't even know that the 2600 was capable of such graphics.

-Darren-

Medieval Mayhem... for the large, detailed dragon (especially the dancing in the easter egg credits screen).

Thanks! espire8 did a great job in coming up with that sequence. I just made a video of it for those who've not seen it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5huVcpYPzs

I always thought "Dolphin" looked really good.

Same here - it was after playing Dolphin for the HSC that I figured out how to do the dragon in Medieval Mayhem.

• Like 1

Fathom looks great.

Pitfall looks great.

When you get killed by a Zot in Tunnel Runner, that looks really cook.

When you beat skeletor in He-Man, the victory screen is nothing short of amazing for the 2600.