IGNORED

What happens when you turn a genesis on without a cartridge?

I got a free model 2 Genesis with no games or cables, and I am trying to test it to see if it works. I was just wondering, What does the Genesis display when there is no cartridge? Does it display a picture, or tell you to turn it off before inserting a cartridge, or just show a blank screen?

I got a free model 2 Genesis with no games or cables, and I am trying to test it to see if it works. I was just wondering, What does the Genesis display when there is no cartridge? Does it display a picture, or tell you to turn it off before inserting a cartridge, or just show a blank screen?

Sorry about previous post, just a blank screen on mine.

Some TecToy machines have built-in games, but those are from South America... Many models of the Master System (and SMS II) had built-in games, but not the MD/Genesis. Luckily, Sega Genesis games are some of the cheapest/easiest to collect, especially common ones like Sonic, Sonic 2, Ecco, etc. (S&K and Sonic 3 a bit less common, but tons of other common 1st and 3rd party games) Try thrift stores, local listings (craigslist), ebay/amazon, etc for some good deals.

That's odd. If I boot my system without a Genesis game in it, a screen pops up that says "Pioneer". :P

(sorry, I couldn't resist! :grin: )

Really? If I boot my system without a Genesis game in it a screen pops up like this:

• Like 5

That's odd. If I boot my system without a Genesis game in it, a screen pops up that says "Pioneer". :P

Really? If I boot my system without a Genesis game in it a screen pops up like this:

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!? LOL

+1 for making me figure out what the hell im looking at. :rolling:

-Darren-

WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT?!? LOL

:rolling:

How about posting Halloween pictures of yourself or your own family for everyone to ridicule? I hope you get hit on the head with a ban hammer.

Screw it, Shawn, I'm sick of you. I'm sick of seeing you rip off other peoples' work and sell it for your own profit. I'm sick of seeing your flames, and how they get quoted by others. I've got you on ignore and I STILL can't avoid seeing that garbage. You want someone to lay into your sorry blank? Well, I did. I hope you're happy and that sick sense of humor is satisfied. This is the second time you've plastered that picture of my wife and added some snide remark to it.

Take your carts back that you sent me. Did you pay Ken or Bob for their work? I doubt it, you traded them for more stuff to build other games out of. You steal from the programmers, flame the rest of us, then go crying about it when you get disciplined.

I've been here almost five years, and I know the rules, but you know what? It's totally worth bending a few of them just to finally put some sorry person like you where they belong. And by the way, don't expect to be cussed out...I don't use vulgarity in situations like this.

Get lost, dude. Leave me and the rest of Atari Age in peace. Ot, to put it into your own words, you need to go jump off a high cliff.

• Like 4

In other words, Brandon, DPMO. I can take a ton of abuse and let it slide off my back, but even I have my limits. If Shawn comes back into here, I'll let fly on him again right here in front of everyone, mark my words. The world needs to know the true nature of some people, and if I am the person who is supposed to point out Shawn's true nature, then so be it.

• Like 2

When I boot my imaginary Genesis rainbows and unicorns fly out of the screen and take me to a magical place! ....then I remember the LSD I just took and get sad because I don't have a Genesis. :sad: Then I remember I don't have an NES and get happier because NES IS FOR DOUCHEBAGS!

I definitely need a beer to deal with some of the people on here. Well, maybe not because it's been a few hours and maybe he doesn't have the guts to come back. Just in case, has someone got a fire extinguisher?

I suppose there are those who have stuff, those who don't have stuff, and those who are jealous of the people who do have stuff. There are a lot of things I certainly would love to have but I don't get in a tizzy over it. A few other folks do, so this time I'm going to rub it in!

Oops, I'm off topic. Quickly, back on topic... see? No cart!

post-7210-126992361343_thumb.jpg

Edited by shadow460
  • Like 1

I see what you did there. ;)

In that case, this is what I see when I turn my Genesis on when there's no cart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElG8ofo3f6o

But that's only with no CD in of course, which is how it is right now. A couple weeks ago, you'd have seen this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iwn9RpfvEPM

In other words, Brandon, DPMO. I can take a ton of abuse and let it slide off my back, but even I have my limits. If Shawn comes back into here, I'll let fly on him again right here in front of everyone, mark my words. The world needs to know the true nature of some people, and if I am the person who is supposed to point out Shawn's true nature, then so be it.

Well everyone else seems to think the post I made was VERY funny. The +1's to the post, the following posts by others and the PM's I've got in regards to it say so very clearly. Also, the first time I posted that picture was in reaction to YOU saying an attractive young woman was all nasty and spoke of her looks in regards to that of somthing to do with halloween so I simply make a post to have you look in the mirror at yourself for so swiftly judging a stranger who was and is much more physically attractive than you or yours could ever think of being. It's not my fault you and your wife look like what you look like be that a good or bad thing. Your not inocent of poking fun at strangers pictures and\or videos posted on the internet so why should you not recieve the same treatment you feel just to direct towards others? Your the one that posted that pic of yourself and your wife to the internet. You know what you look like, you really think that would go un-noticed or not commented about? Are you that foolish and nieve?

This time I posted the pic with a sega logo as I found a pic of a very large, less than average looking woman with sega on on her shirt had about as much to do with the topic of a genesis being turned on without a cartridge as did your failure of a humorous posting about turning on a Pioneer LaserActive without a cartridge in it as clearly it had NOTHING to do with what the OP was looking to figure out and would only lean to confuse him as the odds of him knowing your talking about a totally different machine that has the ability to play genesis carts is slim to none.

In regards to those 3 carts I made for you in the fall of 2005 I talked to Ken a long ass time ago about making a couple carts of the beta wip copies posted on aa of those 7800 games and apoligized to him for it as I was not aware of how the whole homebrew scene went about at that time back in 2005 so your not getting yourself any further with your efforts to speak ill of me in regards to those carts you traded me other dirt common cartridge parts for. Now go take a look in the mirror and try to understand that the reflection you see is just one of your many problems and those problems have nothing to do with halloween costumes.

And whats this about you wanting me to get hit in the head with a ban hammer just cause you and your wife got a similar treatment with an ugly stick?

• Like 1

I don't want to join this war or anything, but I would like to say that the Laser Disk post was much more relevent to whatever that other picture was.

And yes, I did know that some Laser Disk players were compatible with genesis games before these posts, so I am not at all confused.

• Like 2

I don't want to join this war or anything, but I would like to say that the Laser Disk post was much more relevent to whatever that other picture was.

And yes, I did know that some Laser Disk players were compatible with genesis games before these posts, so I am not at all confused.

Cool beans. If you want a free genesis game to test your console with shoot me a PM with your address and I'll mail you out a game so you have something to test your machine with.

• Like 2