IGNORED

Battlemorph questions

jeremiahjt

I just have a few questions (and some thoughts) on Battlemorph I'd like to share.

I'm on the second cluster and so far I like Cybermorph better. I think it's easier to control the ship in Cybermorph (especially going backwards) and it's also easier to hit the enemies in Cybermorph.

Does anybody know what all special weapons there are and how to get them?

I know about destroying the trees in the first cluster to get the quake weapon, but since I didn't find that out until after I beat the first cluster is there any other way to get it?

Are all of the bosses as hard as that damn bee was?

I searched old threads for some info but did not see anything dealing with anything in-game.

I know I could use the code to get to the last cluster and have all the special weapons up to that point, but I want to know how to get them and if there are any in the last cluster.

i can't understand how anyone could like cybermorph better then battlemorph... battlemorph has an awesome music, fine underwater missions, different missions with special targets (not only collecting pods). Imo is Battlemorph the perfect sample for a sequel which does anything better then its predecessor.

To you question: You get all extra wepons while you're doing missions. in every cluster you get missions in which you are collect parts and data for new wepons. after collecting them you get an info, that you mechanics have done a new weapon. I don't know when you get the quake wepon legally, but I'm at cluster 6 or seven, but haven't it got until now.

The bosses needs some tactics and not only rush into them and trigger the fire buttons. With right tactics and some patience every boss is doable. and keep going, there are some really cool bosses coming. :)

• Like 2

I like Cybermorph over Battlemorph because it is a simpler game. In Battlemorph they made things confusing in my opinion. I don't like complex puzzles in games where I get to the point where I don't know where to go or what to do! Cybermorph is a difficult enough game as it is and BM is HARDER! ARGH! The music is pretty good but VERY repetitive and grows annoying when you are lost not knowing what to do.

I really don't like the pastel color look of BM. I prefer the more vibrant deeper colors of Cybermorph. The CM worlds feel more desolate and futuristic / spacey / spookey imo. BM seems too cartooney. Also the underwater thing seems pretty useless to me.

Another thing that is annoying are load times. And finally BM is known for having a glitch that messes up your save state on the memory track. I forget the exact problem I had but I remember being annoyed with a save game problem. ;) The FMV is awesome though, if not, again, a bit repetitive.

I dont know anything about Battlemorph but Cybermorph is so bland and dull to me, probably the worst pack in game i have ever seen and certainly put many people off buying the console. Thats right i think that one game gets atleast a big chunk of blame for how badly the system did in sales.

Edited by Crude Dude

Crude Dude, Cybermorph is an acquired taste. It kicks your ass for quite awhile before you can come to grips with it and actually start to enjoy it. But once you are a Cybermorph ace the game is really quite good. ;)

I'm guessing you haven't played the game much, right?

That said, I am guilty of not playing Battlemorph enough. But I had a similar problem with it as I did Iron Soldier 2. Both games become frustratingly difficult in a short amount of time! Very tough games these 2...

I've completed Cybermorph 2MB version about 4 or 5 times. :) It can be tough at first but there's no reason not to be good at it, as there is no time limit on the levels. I destroyed everything on every level just about and my last playthrough had a 2Million+ score.

Now Battlemorph is a harder game, but it's a very nicely developed game, quite fun and does everything better than Cybermorph. In both games you can just not exit the planet debrief screen and try the planet again at no points/lives cost to you. Right now I am in the second to last cluster of planets and it's really getting hard now(playing on medium difficulty), I have to replay a lot of planets before conquering them.

Battemorph has great music and more depth to the gameplay and is more advanced than Cybermorph.

Edited by ovalbugmann