IGNORED

Ultra Vortek

Crude Dude

I just picked up Ultra Vortek from ebay after looking since i got the system, it cost me £15 a bit steep for the cart on its own is that to much? also what are your thoughts on the game?

If you liked Mortal Kombat then you will like Ultra Vortex. The game is bloody, fun, and the characters are pretty intriguing. As far as game play is concerned, you can punch enemies into pits (the pits are crazy!), and also perform fatalities (known as annihilations).

The price you paid does sound a bit steep for a loose cartridge. What condition is the cartridge in?

I'd love to touch base with the main programmer from Beyond again. I used to call and annoy them when they were making this title... he is the person who was used for the stop motion on the character Lucius I think. Though I did call and bug those guys at Beyond Games as a teen, he (Lucius) sticks out in my mind as enjoying the chat more than most (he liked to talk your ear off). It would be great if he came over to AA. They did some fine work with Jag, but the Lynx games were the most impressive offerings I think for that console (Battle Wheels). Always wished this game would get finished for Lynx.

AX

Ultra Vortek is easily the best fighting game for the game with great graphics and sound combined with fast slick gameplay. There are loads of great moves you can pull off and plenty of secrets to reveal. Its also the only released game that works with the un-released Jaguar voice modem :cool:

I'd love to touch base with the main programmer from Beyond again. I used to call and annoy them when they were making this title... he is the person who was used for the stop motion on the character Lucius I think. Though I did call and bug those guys at Beyond Games as a teen, he (Lucius) sticks out in my mind as enjoying the chat more than most (he liked to talk your ear off). It would be great if he came over to AA. They did some fine work with Jag, but the Lynx games were the most impressive offerings I think for that console (Battle Wheels). Always wished this game would get finished for Lynx.

AX

The Lynx version is currently being finished by Songbird Productions.

Ultra Vortek is easily the best fighting game for the game with great graphics and sound combined with fast slick gameplay. There are loads of great moves you can pull off and plenty of secrets to reveal. Its also the only released game that works with the un-released Jaguar voice modem :cool:

One of the secret codes (1+5+9 on title screen "fight" sound confirms) adds an option to choose between normal and turbo speed modes, turbo mode ROCKS! (at least once you learn the game)

I just picked up Ultra Vortek from ebay after looking since i got the system, it cost me £15 a bit steep for the cart on its own is that to much? also what are your thoughts on the game?

Excellent game for the Jaguar. No, it is not to much.

I'm hoping we'll eventually see the beat 'em up you've been working on. :cool: :thumbsup: