IGNORED

PLEASE LOCK: Sega Genesis Everdrive Flash Cart Bulk Order Thread

the.golden.ax

how does this thing exactly work? i just put genesis and 32x roms on an sd cart and then put that into this cart, and put it in the genesis and thats it? I can play any games?

There are demonstration videos here - http://krikzz.com/index.html

Really all you do is select a game from your card, and it will be loaded to memory, then you back out and select play.

Gotta admit, this is hard to resist! I've said it before, but I have a love hate relationship with flash carts. On one hand they are fantastic for all the obvious reasons. On the other hand, I'm also a collector/horder and flash carts take a lot of the incentive away for me, which is probably a good thing anyway. Ever since I got the NES Powerpak for example, I don't buy NES games unless they are super cheap or at least have the manual.

Anyway, couple of questions.

So this plays SMS games too right? What are the chances it might also be able to play Game Gear games at some point?

Are these just boards with no cases? Would the board fit in one of the taller carts like the EA games or Ballistic?

Wouldn't it be cool if they could make the interface look like the old Sega Channel? Man, that was the best! icon_mrgreen.gif

Gotta admit, this is hard to resist! I've said it before, but I have a love hate relationship with flash carts. On one hand they are fantastic for all the obvious reasons. On the other hand, I'm also a collector/horder and flash carts take a lot of the incentive away for me, which is probably a good thing anyway. Ever since I got the NES Powerpak for example, I don't buy NES games unless they are super cheap or at least have the manual.

Anyway, couple of questions.

So this plays SMS games too right? What are the chances it might also be able to play Game Gear games at some point?

Are these just boards with no cases? Would the board fit in one of the taller carts like the EA games or Ballistic?

I actually get into flash carts after collecting almost all of the games I want for a system. SMS games will play, yes, with a couple caveats. It's not a PBC, so you wouldn't be able to use the 3D glasses, obviously. Also, there's no FM sound chip, like the original US/Europe/Brazil SMS consoles. Japan had it. The NEO Myth MD cart ($130) has the chip installed. The boards come from the designer without a case or label. Members here are going to do them for the rest of us.

I know I do, but now I need $50 more. :P

I think you'll need more than $55 for this.

Yes, it plays SMS games. No, it will never play Game Gear games. The Genesis does not have the hardware required to support Game Gear titles.

This bulk order will be a 'special edition', which will come in a shell. The board is not tall enough to fit in a tall cart.

A picture of a bunch of recently completed boards!

DSC03918.JPG

Apparently there is talk of supporting the Sega CD to some degree in the future (ie ROM loading via disc and multiple bios)

Man I so can't wait for this to go down! My thanks and appreciation to those putting this together.

Right now I am essentially homeless. The art and shells are still up in the air. The sooner I get settled the sooner this can come to fruition. It would be irresponsible for me to try and conduct this until I have my feet on the ground, so it is a holding pattern at the minute. Trust me when I say that getting four kids, my wife, and pets in a new home soon are urgent so this shouldn't drag on too long, just need to wait for concrete facts before proceeding. If The art and shells can't be done by the third parties (I don't have any indication as such, just some delay) we can still order just the boards.

AX