IGNORED

[C64] "Beach-Head" won't work

So, I've got the following problem:

I've begun making disks with games on it, to play them on my real C64. I started with Remember releases, because that seemed a good place to start for playing C64 games today.

So far every game I tried to play worked fine. The only one that refuses to work is "Beach-Head" (release #61). It loads, then the title screen appears, and that's it. I tried every button and key, no reaction. Also the demo doesn't run.

I checked it in WinVICE, first by mounting the disk image, then by using my actual 1541 with VICE, and it worked fine in either case. Also after mere seconds on the title screen, the demo starts to play. I've also read back the disk image to the PC, no errors encounters, compared the files using the FC command, no differences, so that rules out a problem with the disk (the fact that it runs fine in VICE while loading from the 1541 should already rule that out, but I checked anyway, you can never be too sure.)

So, I looked on gamebase64and there downloaded another release (there are two versions in the disk image they provide there, the second appears to be the Remember release, but I tried the other one), tried that, but it's the same. Well, the border color on the title screen is different for some reason, but apart from that, it doesn't work.

That really puzzles me. As I already stated, so far every other game I tried (most of them being Remember releases) worked perfectly fine. Of course I only could try a relatively small set ot the games available yet, but I think I've tried a well rounded "selection", games from different years and different companys.

Oh, and by the way, I've replaced my defective CIA chips with ones I got from ebay which appear to be working properly as far as I can tell. Maybe there's another defective component which just happens to affect this game, but none of the others?

Any ideas on what could be wrong or suggestions on what I could try to get it to work after all?

Edited by Herbarius

Hmm. My copy of Beach-Head works fine, but I've got two copies of Raid Over Moscow by Access Software and one I can only get to work about 50% of the time and the other doesn't seem to work at all. Like you, I've never had problems getting any other C64 disks to load.