IGNORED

M.A.S.H.?

farquh

Puns aside, I love the mysterious prankster episode too. "Air Raid! Air Raid!" quoth Frank Burns

Also, remember Henry Blake all soused up with Scotch. "Guess what kind of wood it is" (his new huge desk)

Hawkeye: oak?

Henry (slurring heavily): "Nope. It's oak".

Edited by Cafeman

• 8 years later...

I bought it back in the day brand new. It came with a olive green t-shirt with the mash logo on the front and 20th century fox games logog on the back. I jused to wear it all the time. I wish I knew what happened to it.

Now that's a pretty cool bit right there.

Ill agree that this game does feature a fairly blatant rip of Operation!

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, the shows of yesteryear! It's amazing that cheap looking shows that took place in an apartment or a house set (All in the Family, Jeffersons) or some other tiny set, were massive hits. MASH was sorta the same. It was a cheap set built in the hills near Malibu. You can visit the site today, it's still a popular spot!

I always wonder with these old videos if the source has aged that badly or if the transmission was really that bad.

Original transmission wasn't bad at all. These are probably from people who recorded them on VHS, never cleaned their heads/took care of their machine, recorded on cheap media, re-recorded/erased/recorded over stuff using the same tape over and over again, had their tracking set way off trying to compensate for such poor practices and then improperly stored their tapes all these years. Extremely common and typical scenarios unfortunately. :(

And then there's today's funky file formats and compression schemes which each device handles differently, poor importing/exporting practices using cheap non-75ohm/non-shielded cables, YouTube's special brand of compression, etc. We should be lucky most vids look this nice today. Remember the original Digital Press vintage gaming commercials video tape? ugh

Original transmissions BITD (70's, 80's and into the 90's) even could really suck. Channels had static, ghosting, etc. Even cable wasn't that great in some cases. I had "Cablevision" for some of this time, and EVERY channel had this line down the left side near the edge. They didn't care one bit.

Even if you take care for your machine heads, use good tapes or cables, etc, the recordings under those circumstances will not be good.

^ Right! Ah yes... taken for granted, I grew up near a big city so over-the-air channels were typically excellent. And all throughout the 80's and 90's, never experienced such poor cable performance as you're describing. I remember it being crystal clear. We and I later, when I got my own place, would have never tolerated such poor performance out of cable. Besides "no or fewer commercials" (ha), that was one of their main selling points back then... super solid, better than antenna reception. Of course, we didn't know back then that cable was really drawing off a satellite too. Speaking of which, some of my friends even had those huge C band dishes in their yards. Able to pick up foreign stations from around the world. Now that was the shit! :lol:

Hahaha, Quadrunner, you were lucky. When I had Cablevision, I was living in Boston! They had this setup where you had an A and B switch. Channels 2-25 say were on A, and if you wanted to watch HBO, so SCIFI or something, you had to get up, walk over to this switch, and click it over to B. Too funny. Eventually I think they had boxes where you could press a button to go from A to B.

At this time in parts of more rural New England you might be able to get 1-2 of the big network channels with varying levels of reception, and maybe local PBS.