IGNORED

Jedi Arena

farquh

I feel a 'particular need' to ask you what the hell your problem is? Just don't bother to reply to a thread if you're going to be like that...I was asking a simple question and there's no need to act like a jerk about it.

Nope.

So paddles only?

If you can't use the joystick, it would follow that the game uses paddles only. :?

Did you feel a particular need to ask the exact same question again? :lol: :roll:

Edited by farquh

If you can't use the joystick, it would follow that the game uses paddles only. :?

Did you feel a particular need to ask the exact same question again?

This is why I and MANY others don't post anymore....tired of sarcasm and bullsh!t.

That's not the case with Codebreaker, Brain Games, or hunt 'n' score. When I found out the joystick wouldn't work with those, I wondered just why in the heck I couldn't play them with paddles, either! :P Next I played Astroblast with the paddles, then after that I realized I could play it with a joystick, too! :lolblue:

Laugh a little! :lol:

Nope.

So paddles only?

Did you feel a particular need to ask the exact same question again? :lol: :roll:

This is why I and MANY others don't post anymore....tired of sarcasm and bullsh!t.

Feel free to leave then.

• Like 1

I find humor in this thread already,

Person "A" distinctly asks a yes/no question.

Only SEVEN minutes later person "B" gives an accurate response.

I don't get it.

Well, I was in a store with that particular cart in front of me and don't own paddles (nor were there any for sale). Just wanted to make sure that I was buying something I could actually use when I got home.

Again, sorry to have asked twice in order to make sure. I'll be sure to accept the one word "nope" reply at face value next time so as not to offend the locals...

I don't get it.

Well, I was in a store with that particular cart in front of me and don't own paddles (nor were there any for sale). Just wanted to make sure that I was buying something I could actually use when I got home.

Again, sorry to have asked twice in order to make sure. I'll be sure to accept the one word "nope" reply at face value next time so as not to offend the locals...

Ass-u-ming you were on a smart phone/blackberry type thing you could just look up jedi in the database and read the manual online. Or state the details in your first post, why you are asking and where you are.

I don't get it.

Ass-u-ming you were on a smart phone/blackberry type thing you could just look up jedi in the database and read the manual online. Or state the details in your first post, why you are asking and where you are.

Well, thanks for telling me the 'rules' about how to post on this forum.

I'll know better for the next time what kind of behavior one can expect if you should break any of your 'rules'.

I think I'll help you out and patrol the rest of these forums and see if there's anyone else who might be 'misbehaving.' If I find any I'll let you know so we can get 'em - what do you say??

Well, thanks for telling me the 'rules' about how to post on this forum.

I'll know better for the next time what kind of behavior one can expect if you should break any of your 'rules'.

I think I'll help you out and patrol the rest of these forums and see if there's anyone else who might be 'misbehaving.' If I find any I'll let you know so we can get 'em - what do you say??

HOLY CRAP!

You are the one that started getting lippy to someone that acurately and quickly answered your question, and I guess since he couldn't read you mind about why you wanted to know that is his/mine/others fault too?

And as for patroling for other goofballs like you, start with a mirror. Hell, All I did was say how I found this humorous and gave you a suggestion on how you could have found the answer yourself quicker than waiting for an ingrate like me to try to help you out and get slammed for it.

The only thing I really care about is, did you get Jedi?

Feel free to leave then.

Why are you always such a Fucking Douchebag! You are always acting like an ass, there are lots of new members here and you treat them like shit. I have been on the recieving end several times. How about treating people with respect or shut the fuck up!

HOLY CRAP!

You are the one that started getting lippy to someone that acurately and quickly answered your question, and I guess since he couldn't read you mind about why you wanted to know that is his/mine/others fault too?

Well, last I checked, this had nothing to do with you until you felt the need to stick your big nose in and try to cause more **it. Good job.

I've not even been here for a month and this is how I'm treated for asking a simple question? I'm sorry that I don't know off the top of my head what joystick is compatible with what. I bow down to you, you certainly know more about Atari games than I do.

Silly me for thinking I could ask an ATARI question on an ATARI forum without needing to FULLY explain myself above and beyond just asking a polite question.

Thanks for setting me straight - lord knows I need it based upon MY actions since joining this forum...

I've not even been here for a month and this is how I'm treated for asking a simple question?

Incorrect, this is how you are treated when you insult the person that gave you a simple, clear, correct, and prompt answer.

WHO THE HELL DID I INSULT????

Go back and actually read the post before you comment! The original person who answered my question was simply asked a polite follow up question. It was then some third person, NOT EVEN YOU, who started acting like an a**hole and has brought this thing all out.

Take the time to actually know what you're commenting upon before you have the nerve to write something that is untrue.

The absolute nerve of you is unreal...just mind your own business and leave the rest of us who want to have a clean and FUN forum that is free of you and your negativity, PLEASE!!

WHO THE HELL DID I INSULT????

Go back and actually read the post before you comment! The original person who answered my question was simply asked a polite follow up question. It was then some third person, NOT EVEN YOU, who started acting like an a**hole and has brought this thing all out.

Take the time to actually know what you're commenting upon before you have the nerve to write something that is untrue.

The absolute nerve of you is unreal...just mind your own business and leave the rest of us who want to have a clean and FUN forum that is free of you and your negativity, PLEASE!!

First, I got confused with all the comments, sorry, I agree, you aren't the one that insulted the guy that answered you, that is why I originally posted about being humored about the whole thing. My post clearly said person

Second, I TRIED to give an alternative way for you to get an answer if you needed prompt information. I guess my comments should have been directed more to the blue jeans guy.

And then you started whining about me telling you the "Rules", hell, like I said before, was HUMORED by the bickering between someone who commented on the answer, and a forth party!

SO

BACK TO THE POINT!

Did you get it?

Did you know you can look up the online instructions?

Were you on a limited access handheld device?

Or ignore me, this is all for FUN, Atari= FUN, collecting = FUN.

First, I got confused with all the comments, sorry, I agree, you aren't the one that insulted the guy that answered you, that is why I originally posted about being humored about the whole thing.

Well, I'm glad that you did go back and look and have cleared things up.

No, I did not get the cart since I wasn't 100% certain if I could play it with my 'paddle-less' system. In the meantime, I NOW see that this site has manuals.

As far as the bickering goes, as you can see, I am new here. All I did was ask a question and was met by more than a few people who were being jerks. I didn't appreciate it, and by the looks of it, there were more than a few people who don't appreciate this kind of behavior as well.

Would you agree that the way some people spoke to me was uncalled for and unnecessary?

Look, I am new to collecting Atari. This site seemed to be deterring me from even asking questions, since the forum (like many many others on the web) seemed to be over run with a**holes who think they're smarter and funnier than everyone else.

These kind of people seem to go out of their way to let us all know that they must be a hit with all the girls at all the parties - cuz, we all know that chicks love nothing more than a dude who knows all about Jedi Arena without having to ask first!

Ask, all the questions you need, my comment was directed at PingvinBlueJeans, he is always acting like an ass to newbies. Sorry to chime in on your post, but I have seen him do this to numerous people(including me) and it pisses me off. Most of the people on the fourum are not like him and will gladly answer any questions you need.

Welcome To AA

Dave

Edited by atari181

Wow, amazing that this thread is still going 24 hours later. People have a lot of time on their hands these days.

@ farquh: Chill out man. There's no issue with asking questions, it was just funny when you asked again. For the record, 2600 games use either joystick or paddle (not both, unfortunately). Because of the way they're programmed, it's either one or the other.

@ atari181: Get a life, please. It's people like you that are turning AtariAge into a video game version of the Special Olympics. If you did a lot more listening and lot less talking, perhaps you'd learn a few things and you'd have fewer issues with me or anyone else. I spend far more time here answering questions (no matter how silly) by others than the reverse, and frankly I'm sick of getting lip service from people like you. Apparently you haven't been informed that I'm not someone you want to fuck around with. Consider yourself educated. :!: