IGNORED

Quest for Quintana Roo gameplay help *overlay pic added*

Yurkie

I have never played this game before. I figured out how to climb the pyramid and slide down a chute into a room.

I would really appreciate any screen shots, tips, youtube video or any other help with this game.

Looks like it might be an interesting game if I could have a better understanding of it.

• Like 1

Go to the download section of my website at http://www.sacnews.net/adamcomputer/downloads.html

I have put a zip file there with a text doc file and controller overlay.

Joe B.

I have never played this game before. I figured out how to climb the pyramid and slide down a chute into a room.

I would really appreciate any screen shots, tips, youtube video or any other help with this game.

Looks like it might be an interesting game if I could have a better understanding of it.

Go to the download section of my website at http://www.sacnews.net/adamcomputer/downloads.html

Joe B.

That overlay is pretty cool. I would like to make some of those up like the ones I made for my Mario Bros. Controllers. Is the guy that created these an AtariAge member? I would like to offer these to any interested members at near cost. Probably $1.50 a set shipped

I have some scans of the manual. I will make a .pdf of the manual and post it here.

Any Members interested in playing this and posting comments? I think perhaps it would be fun and we could learn from each other.

• Like 1

I have no idea who even made that overlay...and to be honest, I didn't even know I had it. It was just in the directory I keep all my instructions, manuals and other misc. items in.

Joe B.

Joe B.

That overlay is pretty cool. I would like to make some of those up like the ones I made for my Mario Bros. Controllers. Is the guy that created these an AtariAge member? I would like to offer these to any interested members at near cost. Probably $1.50 a set shipped

I have some scans of the manual. I will make a .pdf of the manual and post it here.

Any Members interested in playing this and posting comments? I think perhaps it would be fun and we could learn from each other.

I've been playing this the past few days and I've been able to get thru levels 1 & 2. Level 3 is a lot harder so I don't think I'll be completing it any time soon. I've been using a pencil and paper to keep track of which map combinations I've tried and the locations of important objects in the temple. The code to start at level 2 is 1830. The level 3 code is 8817.

post-13580-127264604444_thumb.jpgpost-13580-127264606225_thumb.jpg

post-13580-127264607916_thumb.jpgpost-13580-127264609266_thumb.jpg

I've been playing this the past few days and I've been able to get thru levels 1 & 2. Level 3 is a lot harder so I don't think I'll be completing it any time soon. I've been using a pencil and paper to keep track of which map combinations I've tried and the locations of important objects in the temple. The code to start at level 2 is 1830. The level 3 code is 8817.

post-13580-127264604444_thumb.jpgpost-13580-127264606225_thumb.jpg

post-13580-127264607916_thumb.jpgpost-13580-127264609266_thumb.jpg

Thanks a million for the info. Didn't seem like there was much interest in this posting. I need to make myself up a set of overlays, I think this would greatly increase game play.

You are doing better than me.

Like I said in my initial thread I had never really played this game. My early impression is that it is a pretty good game and nice graphics.

I was trying to convert some .jpg scans and make a .pdf manual, but was having large file sizes. Here are the 4 pages of the manual in .jpg

post-23318-127264685862_thumb.jpg

post-23318-127264688344_thumb.jpg

post-23318-127264689391_thumb.jpg

post-23318-127264690872_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Although I already have a pdf of this, I converted your scans to pdf and got a slightly better quality pdf than the one that I had. Here you go...

Quest For Quintana Roo (U).pdf

My collection can be found in the manual request thread that I posted...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/161702-wanted-colecovision-manual-scans/

• Like 1

Although I already have a pdf of this, I converted your scans to pdf and got a slightly better quality pdf than the one that I had. Here you go...

Quest For Quintana Roo (U).pdf

My collection can be found in the manual request thread that I posted...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/161702-wanted-colecovision-manual-scans/

I had some pretty nice .jpg but .pdf file was huge

Thanks

How many more do you need for full set. I think I have them all. IM me please.

Yurkie

• Like 1

Sorry, I don't IM.

I could PM you through the fourm, but replying here is easy too...

Anyways the missing scan list in the thread that I linked is accurate. Here it is again.

Wanted ColecoVision US Manual scans

Alcazar - The Forgotten Fortress

Amazing Bumpman

Aquattack

Boulder Dash

Cosmic Crisis

Dance Fantasy

Evolution

Meteoric Shower

Motocross Racer

Qberts Qubes

Robin Hood

Rock N' Bolt

Skiing

Strike It!

Super Action Soccer

Tank Wars

Telly Turtle

Tournament Tennis

Zwackery has offered to scan a few of those (in a few weeks), but I'm sure he would not mind if you wanted to scan them first. ;)

Anything that you can scan would be most appreciated. :thumbsup: Thanks

Edited by user42
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I made some overlays for Quest for Quintana Roo.

The pause location is slightly off, but other than that are pretty nice.

Here are 2 pics.

Anyone gotten far in this game yet?

post-23318-127410715175_thumb.jpg

post-23318-127410719292_thumb.jpg

Could someone that has the CIB post box picture.... I am curious if there is a yellow box version for this like gust buster,campaign '84 and Rolloverature. I was told that the silver boxes are PAL and the yellow are NTSC and all but mountain king where sold in yellow. Mountain King being silver for PAL and NTSC both.

Could someone that has the CIB post box picture.... I am curious if there is a yellow box version for this like gust buster,campaign '84 and Rolloverature. I was told that the silver boxes are PAL and the yellow are NTSC and all but mountain king where sold in yellow. Mountain King being silver for PAL and NTSC both.

There is

They all comes in yellow / Silver box except for Mountain King that come only in Silver

When are you selling these overlays yurkie? :) Put me down.

I can't get anywhere on this game because I keep having to hit the buttons multiple times for the correct one. Haven't played long enough to remember the buttons.

My first Cart kept going back to title screen after seeing my guy slide down the entrance to the room. Luckily my CIB came in the mail and that one has worked fine. I haven't tried cleaning the other one yet hopefully that is the problem.

Dan

• Like 1

Anyone that wants one of these overlays. I will send you 1 in a standard envelope first class for $1 if your in the US via paypal. I only have a few extras.

EDIT: I would appreciate the money sent as a "gift" so I don't loose money to fees.

$1 US

$1.50 Canada

I will make more if there is a demand for them. Basically if you want 1, I will make sure you get 1.

• Like 1

I have a couple overlays to ship tomorrow. If anyone else is interested I have about 10 on hand ready to ship.

Has anyone made much progress on this game? Have any tips to share?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I received one of Yurkie's overlays last week and I have to say that the quality is awesome - as good as the original Coleco overlays. I will certainly be trying out Yurkie's technique for making these overlays for some other games. Great job Yurkie - rep point added.