IGNORED

Guilty Pleasure Games

We all have one of them. A game that we enjoy playing, that we're afraid to mention to anyone that we LIKE it. Maybe cause it's a kiddie or a adult game, or the game got panned by everyone and their mother and you think your its only defender, or a game that's part of a catagory that you normaly don't like (a sports game when you just play 2600 games, for example.)

So, don't be shy -- let's hear some of them. :D

I'd say for me my biggest one is DOA Xtreme 2 for the XBox 360. The games are fun, but half the thrill is watching some mostly naked girls bouncing around and buying sexy things for them. I don't think I'd enjoy it half as much if the sex factor wasn't there. :P

I've been flamed enough that I learned not to mention that Tank Command is kinda fun on the 7800. :ponder:

Really I've enjoyed tons of games that were critically panned. The opinions of a critic can't tell me whether or not I'm actually going to like a game.

I've been flamed enough that I learned not to mention that Tank Command is kinda fun on the 7800. icon_ponder.gif

Really I've enjoyed tons of games that were critically panned. The opinions of a critic can't tell me whether or not I'm actually going to like a game.

Like.... ACTION 52?!?!

I've been flamed enough that I learned not to mention that Tank Command is kinda fun on the 7800. :ponder:

If a critics opinion won't get you to like/hate a game, why would you care about being flamed for liking 7800 Tank Command?I think most dislike like it because of the less than spectacular color palette.I remember playing it a while back on a friends system, i thought it was a great game, yes, no matter what anyone says :P I'm like that also, i seem to like all the games others don't!

Edited by Rik

Probably any older "kiddie" game. I mean if someone in real life asked me what games I play, I'd probably say "God Of War" and "Gran Turismo" rather than "Donkey Kong Country 3".

The problem here is that you are playing DKC3. See, if you were playing the original Donkey Kong Country, you wouldn't feel so bad admitting to it.

;)

Edited by Austin

Probably any older "kiddie" game. I mean if someone in real life asked me what games I play, I'd probably say "God Of War" and "Gran Turismo" rather than "Donkey Kong Country 3".

The problem here is that you are playing DKC3. See, if you were playing the original Donkey Kong Country, you wouldn't feel so bad admitting to it.

;)

I'm playing through DKC3 because I beat the other two and I want to finish all three. I think DKC2 is my favorite in the series.

Edited by mbd30

I have quite a few games which I truly enjoy, and most others cannot stand!

Some of my games of guilty pleasure…

Deep Blue (Turbo Grafx - 16): This game is notorious for being a horrible game and possibly hated by all… except me. I really like this game, I am able to 1cc both loops - when I get lucky… as luck is necessary to survive the forth and final stage.

Chubby Cherub (NES): This is a game which is not so great, and not many fans of this title… but as a child, I enjoyed this game and still do to this day…

Many games from my childhood, of which I found enjoyment in, I still like today, though they have been noted as being horrible, broken, poor games… Had I played them for the first time today, I probably would not like them, but as a child, I would play through many a bad game and find some type of enjoyment in it…

I have been pondering something along these lines for a while now - like, "Man, this game sucks... so why can't I stop playing it?"

Years ago, I put a similar question to the members of the B-Movie Message Board (they weren't of much help) - but I was still left wondering: Are there any games out there that can be enjoyed on the same level as the movies on Mystery Science Theater 3000? Games that you know, deep down in your heart of hearts, out-and-out suck... but you still have fun playing anyway?

The only exceptions I'd make to this would be: a) games that are either literally (because of bugs, crashes etc.) or virtually unplayable; and b) games that only suck because they are either impossibly difficult, or insanely expensive to obtain. :thumbsup:

Hey guys, what is the very worst game that you managed to play all the way through? You knew it was bad, but you had to conquer it anyway.

Oh, that one is easy. I borrowed a CD-I and all three Zelda games from a friend just to try them out. Since I'm a huge Zelda fan and since I only had the system for a month, I made myself play all three. Only one was actually somewhat fun. :twisted:

Oh, that one is easy. I borrowed a CD-I and all three Zelda games from a friend just to try them out. Since I'm a huge Zelda fan and since I only had the system for a month, I made myself play all three. Only one was actually somewhat fun. :twisted:

Probably the third one, right?

Probably the third one, right?

Yes, the last one was actually a fun game -- nothing I'd play again, but there are many worst games that I've played. Like the first two....(shudder)