IGNORED

HSC Season 7 Game 10: Mr. Do!

Lucked out and got the diamond on the second level. :D

That diamond seems like a "random" event. I got that diamond when I was about eat the last fruit, but that's another thing that can help finish a level faster.

There was some discussion about it here: Triggering the Diamond. Although this focuses mostly on the arcade version.

That diamond seems like a "random" event. I got that diamond when I was about eat the last fruit, but that's another thing that can help finish a level faster.

There was some discussion about it here: Triggering the Diamond. Although this focuses mostly on the arcade version.

In some levels, I was able to completely destroy all the enemies so looks like there's a limit on how many come out.

In some levels, I was able to completely destroy all the enemies so looks like there's a limit on how many come out.

Yes there's a limit... you can end the level by killing all enemies. You can also end it by getting all cherries, getting the "Extra" bonus, or getting the diamond.

Can someone confirm MrFish isn't poobah in disguise :?: :!: Seriously welcome and a great debut score :thumbsup:

I managed 265,850 Lv.22, just 47 levels to go to catch F ;)

post-19705-127460365475_thumb.jpg

Had a few bashes at the time-trial, killing stuff much better times on the first two levels but keep blowing it on level 3 :x

post-19705-127460375209_thumb.jpg

p.s. Vote for next game now open!

57 seconds ;)

post-6369-127464839744_thumb.png

... However, I was just having a great game with over 40K w/o losing a man and the program crashed. Anyone else have issues in this program hanging up? I am using XEX file. I think I'll try the ATR next.

Yes, the ".xex" version gets corrupted over time. At least all the ones I've used. Some time before it crashes there is always a two-digit number in front of the "Scene #/Top Score" area on the lower right. I believe the ".atr" version exhibits this same problem. It is probably the same cracked binary, just put on a disk. For this reason I always play the ".atx" version when I want to play a serious game.

57 seconds ;)

post-6369-127464839744_thumb.png

... However, I was just having a great game with over 40K w/o losing a man and the program crashed. Anyone else have issues in this program hanging up? I am using XEX file. I think I'll try the ATR next.

Yes, the ".xex" version gets corrupted over time. At least all the ones I've used. Some time before it crashes there is always a two-digit number in front of the "Scene #/Top Score" area on the lower right. I believe the ".atr" version exhibits this same problem. It is probably the same cracked binary, just put on a disk. For this reason I always play the ".atx" version when I want to play a serious game.

I can't deal with .ATX as I am uploading stuff through a PC cable and my software is simple raw data at 19.2Kbps or 59Kbps and both rates gave crashes eventually using XEX files.

I've been playing the xex on a mydos 4.53/mypicodos menu with no problems on my 130XE :ponder:

Vote for next game

mini table

1st _Fandal_ 1,000,000+ 12pts

2nd therealbountybob 265,850 11pts

3rd MrFish 199,300 10pts

4th atariron82 114,300 9pts

5th a8isa1 112,500 8pts

6th goochman 99,900 7pts

7th divya16 97,150 6pts

8th atariksi 95,600(?) 5pts

9th mightymage 53,200 4pts

10th spookt 43,900 3pts

------ 1pt below this line ------

11th orpheuswaking 38,250

12th bluecat 27,350

13th roadrunner 27,100

14th mopchop 13,700

time-trial (scenes 1-3, 1 bonus point on offer)

1st _Fandal_ 0:47

2nd MrFish 0:57

3rd therealbountybob 0:58

4th atariksi 1:01

5th divya16 1:04

Look's like you're hooked on Mr Do! :D I'd better play some more as you're getting too close for comfort.

A couple more tips for everyone: you get 500 for shooting the bad guys but 1000 for splatting them with an apple (who said they were good for you?) if you're cunning you can leave the last cherry near the apple, push it off onto the (last) baddie and then get the cherry mid fall to get maximum points. The diamond nets you a cool 8K so if you see it, go for it :!:

And what's happended to Mr.A :?: :P

Look's like you're hooked on Mr Do! :D I'd better play some more as you're getting too close for comfort.

A couple more tips for everyone: you get 500 for shooting the bad guys but 1000 for splatting them with an apple (who said they were good for you?) if you're cunning you can leave the last cherry near the apple, push it off onto the (last) baddie and then get the cherry mid fall to get maximum points. The diamond nets you a cool 8K so if you see it, go for it :!:

And what's happended to Mr.A :?: :P

And another hint is that if you play the first two levels in such a way that the start of the third level gives you the ice-cream truck and you have 4 letters of the 5, then throw the beach ball at the ice-cream truck as soon as level starts (after one step forward) and you should get the extra and lowest times for level 3.

post-12094-127488015002_thumb.jpg