IGNORED

2600 Kiosk on Ebay

fred

As discussed in many threads, what one person is willing to pay for something doesn't necessarily mean that the price then becomes definitive for all such objects and is the benchmark for value; instead, it just reflects that one particular sale. Granted, with unusual items that are available in low numbers, value can be altered by just a few purchases. The buyer, who reportedly is a kiosk collector, was willing to purchase the item (although at a significant level below original asking price), but for a price that was higher than the collecting community here, who don't specialize in kiosks exactly but more in Atari generally, thought based on past experience. Hopefully the kiosk collector will give it the appropriate preservation attention.

Methinks I smell a topic lock coming on this one, folks, but it will be here for posterity's sake.

• Like 2

Methinks I smell a topic lock coming on this one, folks, but it will be here for posterity's sake.

You may be right, Albert is viewing the topic now :-). for what it's worth, it seemed to me that Kurtzzz was pretty polite through this, whether you agree with his selling strategy and motives for being here or not. He did say he was in no hurry to sell, so why not try a few things before actually sellign it. The bad part is the experience mayhave lost AA a useful member. Morgan

• Like 1

Good for you, happy you sold it. Now leave.

Ditto.

Agreed, don't let the door hit'cha in the ass

Or how bout this. How bout Crazyclimber,Osbo, and Wgungfu take a hike. There I said it. :|

Edit: Just hate people who act like jerks to other people. And to tell someone to get out when they had done nothing to the community or them is not acceptable in my opinion. And I don't care how many people agree with their sentiment. There is a right way to act, and a wrong way to act, and in my opinion Wgungfu, Crazyclimber, and Osbo were acting the wrong way.

I am soooo giving you an atomic wedgie at CGE homer

• Like 3

Again, way over priced. A relisted buy it now of $1500? And here I thought the $400 amount the original auction went to was ridiculous. I'm with CPU and several of the other more established collectors, a POP kiosk without the actual kiosk board is just not worth much more than $200 the $300 range and that's all I've seen those empty ones legitimately go for in the past. If people are willing to pay more than that, we'll they're simply demonstrating Hannum's quote of "there's a sucker born every minute".

And I love how the kiosk pic from Curt's site is still being ripped off.

Wungungfuey, Read my most recent post, time for change here, learn from those being patient, and also learn Atari Kiosks just don't show up everyday, once realizing that you may be more knowledgable on pricing which your not, even the fella that purchased driving 9 hrs to pick it up, has been looking for sometime to find one in mint condition, which mine was, mentioned to him that the fella's here on this site thought 200/300 was max, he laughed also, his basement is full of different kiosks, sound like he has the knowledge of what kiosks are worth, plus I had a lot interest besides him, and @ 800.00 plus his trip and extra's put it @ 1100/1200 invested. You call em suckers, whats real is really what applies here and what it had sold for. My advice on a kiosk like mine is between 800.00 and 1100, and 1500 to 2000.00 with the game package, but what do I know, your the expert....not! see ya Kurtzzzz

Well if you look at my previous post. I said it would be around $500 to $600. You got $800. Congrates. I would say my $600 was a lot closer than $1500 - $2000.

I find it rather fascinating that this guy was adamant that the kiosk was worth $1500 to $2000 and yet only ended up getting about $720 for it after fees. I also find it amusing that he factored in the several hundred dollars this buyer spent to come and get the kiosk as part of the "value". Unless the seller runs a gas station/truck rental company and actually benefitted financially in some way from the transportation, it doesn't matter if the buyer spent $5 or $5,000 to actually transport the item, it's still worth only the $800 the buyer paid and only really to that buyer who probably didn't understand that it is missing a very significant part (sorry, I don't buy that there is such thing as a later version which didn't include the multi cart selector board, I think the board was just missing since to my knowledge, nobody has ever found 2600 store demo carts anywhere from the 1982 period). It's not worth $800 to $1100 as it didn't sell for anywhere in that range, it sold for $800 exactly and only after weeks of being listed and only to a very motivated/desperate buyer. As such, I still think the $500 to $600 estimate Wolfman gave is pretty spot on going forward.

Edited by bojay1997
  • Like 2