Bones-69

RXB - Rich Extended Basic

32 minutes ago, MikeV said:

Is this the RXB users Forum?

Yes it is.

RICH - Rich eXtended Basic is the name of RXB.

Or short version is Rich XB again RXB.

For using RXB to write a program for AMS ramdisk support is that the new 2020 version or the existing 2015? If the latter, I will try and figure it out! Thank you.

On 1/2/2020 at 12:06 PM, MikeV said:

For using RXB to write a program for AMS ramdisk support is that the new 2020 version or the existing 2015? If the latter, I will try and figure it out! Thank you.

Some real changes coming in RXB 2020.

When saving or loading SAMS memory instead of 8K at a time it will be 4K at a time, but in a better view you can select where it loads each time.

CALL MLOAD(C,"DSK4.FILENAMEC",D,"DSK4.FILENAMED") 

This would load 4K into SAMS at >C000 and 4K into SAMS at >D000

CALL SAMS(C,87,D,88) 

This would change SAMS page at >C000 to page 87 and change SAMS page at >D000 to 88

The changes allow better control of where everything is located in SAMS and loading or saving or changing pages is much easier.

3 hours ago, RXB said:

When saving or loading SAMS memory instead of 8K at a time it will be 4K at a time...

Maybe it's a case of great minds think alike.  I decided that this was the best way to manage SAMS as well. 

Of course whenever I would say that expression my mom would "Yes but fools seldom differ." :) 

• Like 1

On 1/3/2020 at 7:03 PM, RXB said:

When saving or loading SAMS memory instead of 8K at a time it will be 4K at a time, but in a better view you can select where it loads each time.

CALL MLOAD(C,"DSK4.FILENAMEC",D,"DSK4.FILENAMED") 

This would load 4K into SAMS at >C000 and 4K into SAMS at >D000

CALL SAMS(C,87,D,88) 

This would change SAMS page at >C000 to page 87 and change SAMS page at >D000 to 88

The changes allow better control of where everything is located in SAMS and loading or saving or changing pages is much easier.

I am looking forward to the new version. In the meantime I found your xbramdisk video (and about 94 others!) on youtube and will go through the demos and examples. Thanks!

• Like 1