IGNORED

Wico command control for 5200 with 10 key controller

mad2112

I just found six clean Wico 5200 command control joysticks. 4 of them are attached to a ten key command control box with three blue buttons on the left side, also Wico. Anyone know where I can get info on this stuff? Thanks.

I plan on selling them, as I have never owned a 5200.

I also have 8 stock Atari 5200 controllers in clean shape.

Dan @ work2112@hotmail.com

I don't have a pic of the 10 key module yet.

post-26455-127537213931_thumb.jpg

Edited by mad2112

I just found six clean Wico 5200 command control joysticks. 4 of them are attached to a ten key command control box with three blue buttons on the left side, also Wico. Anyone know where I can get info on this stuff? Thanks.

I'll take 2 with a keypad off your hands. They are supposed to be the best replacement for the 5200 controllers. But I have 2 with a keypad and none of them work properly. There is plenty of info here if you search for it. As far as price goes they are worth what the market dictates. I picked mine up for 70 with the system and a bunch of games. But I've seen them go NIB for a 100 and loose for 30-50. Where did you find this treasure trove?

I'll take 2 with a keypad off your hands. They are supposed to be the best replacement for the 5200 controllers. But I have 2 with a keypad and none of them work properly.

What about the MasterPlay? That's supposed to be more expensive and better than Wico. I would agree that Wico Keypad is better than stock controller keypad. I have a few Wicos in the garage but don't have any Y cables.

I work for a woman who was married to an engineer who kept his stuff clean. I got a few boxes of this stuff, along with a NES Nintendo Power Set from 88 still in box. I still need to find someone with a 5200 to test these. They are very clean, but I will make sure. I found 2 of the joysticks without keypad on ebay. One went for $58 and one $49, I think. I will have to figure out a price of them with a keypad after I check them. I may just put it all on ebay and see what happens, but I will keep you in mind. I'm not in a hurry to sell, as this was all going to goodwill. I do think I scored. I'm easier to reach at work2112@hotmail.com. I will be in touch soon as I find a 5200.

the lot came with 2 Y cables

thanks,

Dan

Edited by mad2112

I work for a woman who was married to an engineer who kept his stuff clean. I got a few boxes of this stuff, along with a NES Nintendo Power Set from 88 still in box. I still need to find someone with a 5200 to test these. They are very clean, but I will make sure. I found 2 of the joysticks without keypad on ebay. One went for $58 and one $49, I think. I will have to figure out a price of them with a keypad after I check them. I may just put it all on ebay and see what happens, but I will keep you in mind. I'm not in a hurry to sell, as this was all going to goodwill. I do think I scored. I'm easier to reach at work2112@hotmail.com. I will be in touch soon as I find a 5200.

the lot came with 2 Y cables

thanks,

Dan

If you want to sell Y cable separately, pmail me the price.

i would suggest you get a good handle on what you have

joysticks ,y cables, keypads

make sure you have a keypad per joystick

and put them up on ebay as a complete control set

i would have the starting bid be $30 and see where one goes

then you could make a second chance offer to the next higher bidder

then do one a week or so

if you have more joys than keypad units make sure you keep a y per extra stick

cause its easy just to make a start button to plug into the Y all you need is a pushbutton and a 15 pin female connector

connect the button to pins 4 and 7 and you can start a game i hardly ever use any other of the keypad buttons

i am set up to test stuff pretty good ive been making my own joysticks and adapters for a while now

i may be able to walk you through a 5200less test if you have a multimeter and some patience if you would like the help you could pm me

Edited by bohoki

then do one a week or so

cause its easy just to make a start button to plug into the Y all you need is a pushbutton and a 15 pin female connector

connect the button to pins 4 and 7 and you can start a game i hardly ever use any other of the keypad buttons

i am set up to test stuff pretty good ive been making my own joysticks and adapters for a while now

i may be able to walk you through a 5200less test if you have a multimeter and some patience if you would like the help you could pm me

I see one Wico w/Y cable just went for $24.

Perhaps, one can modify that CX85 keypad into an Atari 5200 keypad. The CX85 has nice keys.

then do one a week or so

Sometimes people misspell words in the title or use wrong words like "Replacement Wic for video games" may be taken to be WIC food stamps for use for video games.

Well if u need an atari 5200 maybe we can workout a deal for one or 2 of those keypads?

I have one Atari 5200 keypad and several modified Atari 2600 touchpads that work as keypads for Atari 5200. So list what's included in your A5200-- is it 4-port or 2-port? I can definitely use a Y-cable for the Wico stick.