IGNORED

I could screw up a 2 car funeral...

Pioneer4x4

I went to the Indy 500 this weekend and had big plans for a cool picture. I took my Atari Indy 500 cart with me and my camera and planned to put it in several places for pictures including I was going to "Display" it in the museam. I ended up leaving it on our chartered bus race day with no way of getting back to it! I was big time bummed, it would have been some neat pictures, to me at least. Anyway, here is some labels I did for kicks. And don't get me going on the 3 year centenial era crap, and it being the 94th running...

The picture of the score column is from my seat.

Plus the picture of the guy with the checkered outfit actually is my dad...

post-25375-12755318126_thumb.jpg

post-25375-127553182955_thumb.jpg

post-25375-127553184233_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I went to the Indy 500 this weekend and had big plans for a cool picture. I took my Atari Indy 500 cart with me and my camera and planned to put it in several places for pictures including I was going to "Display" it in the museam. I ended up leaving it on our chartered bus race day with no way of getting back to it! I was big time bummed, it would have been some neat pictures, to me at least. Anyway, here is some labels I did for kicks. And don't get me going on the 3 year centenial era crap, and it being the 94th running...

The picture of the score column is from my seat.

Plus the picture of the guy with the checkered outfit actually is my dad...

Bummer! Well, if it was me, I would have had my dad take a picture of me running frantically after a bus and put it on the label when you get a replacement cartridge!! Nice work on the labels!! Morgan

Bummer! Well, if it was me, I would have had my dad take a picture of me running frantically after a bus and put it on the label when you get a replacement cartridge!! Nice work on the labels!! Morgan

I need to clarify. I didn't lose the cartridge, I left it on the bus during the race, but couldn't hike back to it to take pictures of it at the track because it was locked up. I still have the cart, just wasted my time bringing it to Indy this year. I might not be back there for a couple more years, so maybe I'll remember next time.

Your dad (if that really is) has an absolutely epic outfit (yes i used the word "epic" haha) He's looks like the Flava Flav' of Indy. :P

Yep, that's my dad. He goes every year with a group. I go about every 2-3 years. The leader of the group was honored this year for going to every race for something like 62 years! My dad's "uniform" (not a costume) has evolved over the last 10 years or so. He has had his picture taken by the news almost every year, and had it printed in the Indy Star a couple and featured on the Indy Star 500 Festival web site a couple times. It is a hoot being there, tons of other spectators line up to get their picture taken with him. VERY nice parade! He is not in it, just another spectator. He "participates" unofficially at one point each year, I just document it!