IGNORED

Idea for more games for the jaguar

carmel_andrews

You did not need a Skunk board to develope. There are many cheap and simple ways. The fact is no one is writting any

Jag worthy games from the ground up. They are porting rehashes of ST games, and in some cases using pre made libs.

All fine and dandy but where's the beef? I too have a few simple games Im working on but Im looking to push the Jaguar

once I get my renderer finished. These things take time. Anyone can write simple games. Using the Jaguar's real power

in the GPU/DSP , Blitter and OPL need a lot of hard work and laborious debugging. The sources for several games were

released over a year ago now and not one person even made use of those. The Jaguar is not a cakewalk to code for if you

want to do something that truly takes advantage of the ability of the machine. They are being worked on by some of us

but we have lives and jobs and family to deal with. They will come and you will see them, Lord willing.

If not using a skunkboard, what method do you recommend for developing for the Jaguar? I can't seem to find a method that's readily availble and allows me to actually run my stuff on the Jaguar hardware. Everything appears to be unavailable. The Skunkboard and BJL bios seem to be the best options, but I can't get ahold of either one.

A BJL uploader is included in Protector SE

If you have JagCD there is a BJL upload CD image available.

If you need a BJL BIOS then ask - i'm sure there are people within the community who can assist.