IGNORED

Best 3d polygon graphics

Checkered_Flagman

Thats an easy one - Hoverstrike CD :cool:

To be honest the polygons and texture mapping in that blow away alot of PS1 and Saturn games.

Of course this is until the Atari Owl Project is released, the 3D in that game dumps all over pretty much everything I have seen on anything from that generation :lust:

I have to agree with the Laird on this one Hover Strike CD was the one game, love it or not that

gave me hope for the Jaguar. Skyhammer is good but it's limited to essentially square hallways.

Battlemorph one of my favorites but graphically not anywhere near Hover Strike. Owl's game does

excite me because it takes it one step further with an amazing frame rate, which to me is the

only real flaw in Hover Strike. Battle Sphere as beautiful as it is is the best game more so for

it's AI and it's top notch game play, but Hover Strike shows the true potential of the Jaguars

ability to texture map, so much so that it even surpasses a lot of PS1 games in the effects it

was pulling off. Now if the Hover Strike team had something like main code to work with to dump

all the 68k code, that frame rate would be doubled what it is now, if not more.

Edited by Gorf

I was pretty blown away when I saw the Cartridge version of Iron Soldier 2, especially since it looks just as good as the CD version.

Iron Soldier 1 and 2 are betters GAMES than HoverStrike but graphically nothing compares with Hoverstrike on the T-mapping side.

Iron Soldier 2 came a lot closer though.

I remember, long ago, posting about hover strike and its framerate, and I noticed that it is *not* the framerate per se, but the "turning speed" that is really bad. If you notice it, when you go on a straight line it is smooooth, but as soon as you touch the d-pad, it jump-rotates in 10 degrees steps, that ruins the smoothness :-(

• Like 1

I remember, long ago, posting about hover strike and its framerate, and I noticed that it is *not* the framerate per se, but the "turning speed" that is really bad. If you notice it, when you go on a straight line it is smooooth, but as soon as you touch the d-pad, it jump-rotates in 10 degrees steps, that ruins the smoothness :-(

No, it's definitely the framerate. :roll:

• Like 1