IGNORED

32 in 1 OS from AtariMax

rchennau

56 minutes ago, tjlazer said:

Tried that, but once that is set, I cannot select a firmware from the Operating System window shown on the back window from your picture.

Have you added (ADD) the 32 in 1 rom to the bottom of the list.   and then reboot holding down the SELECT key.  or at anytime with SELECT+RESET (F5).

4 hours ago, rdea6 said:

Have you added (ADD) the 32 in 1 rom to the bottom of the list.   and then reboot holding down the SELECT key.  or at anytime with SELECT+RESET (F5).

Yes tried that, so no need to select the Firmware from the Configure System/Operating System menu?

• 2 weeks later...

So I’ve been having some issues with my ROM, when I try to load games from disk I get corrupt graphics and the game crashes. Put in my original firmware chip and it seems to work so not sure if it’s my new 512k ROM or the flash chips I’m using. Try to order some new chips that are like the original to test and see if that has it as the ones I’ve been using or a different brand.

6 minutes ago, Nezgar said:

I see an attachment right above the screenshot in post #132...

I meant the rom he had added to his set, the XE CHS RB etc rom that he said was new :)

I'm not yet that blind or silly :)

I seem to be getting nearer to it every day tho :)

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tjlazer said:

So I’ve been having some issues with my ROM, when I try to load games from disk I get corrupt graphics and the game crashes. Put in my original firmware chip and it seems to work so not sure if it’s my new 512k ROM or the flash chips I’m using. Try to order some new chips that are like the original to test and see if that has it as the ones I’ve been using or a different brand.

Check my previous findings about a flaky EPROM I was using in post #122 in this topic. See if your programmer will show the chip ID, and see if it matches up with the part # stamped on the chip. In my case, the flaky EPROM was actually a completely different part number specced for 3.3V, instead of 5.0V that the 32-in-1 board is providing, which would cause strange 'shimmering' pixels of GR.0 text characters. So the 'counterfeit' chip must have been re-branded with top labelling scraped off and/or replaced...

Also, check the games in question using one of the original Atari OS ROM's while still running via the 32-in-1. The patched OS in option P I've noticed has some incompatibilities with some games... ie "Encounter!" - maybe because of the Marslett math pack.

Just now, Nezgar said:

Looks like it may be Option P in the screenshot?

Lol....I'm looking for the rom that occupies the P slot, Tj said it was posted the other day...When I used the one that is on his complete 32 in 1 dump it crashes almost everything so wanted to just use the rom as a replacement OS on its own.. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

Lol....I'm looking for the rom that occupies the P slot, Tj said it was posted the other day...When I used the one that is on his complete 32 in 1 dump it crashes almost everything so wanted to just use the rom as a replacement OS on its own.. 

Haha, I get it now! Sorry for being dense. :) That single OS ROM customized by @1050 was posted over here:

Thank you....Now put down that beer, too many are bad for the old brain cells :)

I did look all over the place but it would be easier if you could search by attachments added (sure I saw someone post a link like that once recently)

Search for rom and HS etc etc just is hard work :)

• Like 1

That new XL Rev C High Speed Math Reverse Basic ROM from 1050 seems to work fine for me.  What did you try with it?

Edit: I did notice that some disks refuse to boot with it since it uses high speed.  So that might be the issue you’re having.

Edited by tjlazer

1 hour ago, Nezgar said:

Check my previous findings about a flaky EPROM I was using in post #122 in this topic. See if your programmer will show the chip ID, and see if it matches up with the part # stamped on the chip. In my case, the flaky EPROM was actually a completely different part number specced for 3.3V, instead of 5.0V that the 32-in-1 board is providing, which would cause strange 'shimmering' pixels of GR.0 text characters. So the 'counterfeit' chip must have been re-branded with top labelling scraped off and/or replaced...

Also, check the games in question using one of the original Atari OS ROM's while still running via the 32-in-1. The patched OS in option P I've noticed has some incompatibilities with some games... ie "Encounter!" - maybe because of the Marslett math pack.

Yes I was getting some garbage and shimmering on the menu as well!  I think it’s the flash chip.  I ordered some AM29F040-90JC chips that hopefully will work.

I impulsively aquired a third 800XL the other week. I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do with it; maybe do a RAM upgrade and put it up on eBay for resale. However, I've had the idea of a 32-in-1 in the back of my mind for a while now.  I'm now thinking of ordering a 32-in-1 and installing it into the new 800XL with one of tf_hh's 576K boards and maybe a UAV board too.  My main Atari is an U1MB 800XL so this project would just be for fun.   

3 hours ago, SS said:

I impulsively aquired a third 800XL the other week. I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do with it; maybe do a RAM upgrade and put it up on eBay for resale. However, I've had the idea of a 32-in-1 in the back of my mind for a while now.  I'm now thinking of ordering a 32-in-1 and installing it into the new 800XL with one of tf_hh's 576K boards and maybe a UAV board too.  My main Atari is an U1MB 800XL so this project would just be for fun.   

that's the exact setup of one of my systems. @flashjazzcat did the installation for me. the setup all looks very tidy and - crucially, there's plenty of room for all three - all of the upgrades having such a small footprint.

20 hours ago, SS said:

I've had the idea of a 32-in-1 in the back of my mind for a while now.  I'm now thinking of ordering a 32-in-1 and installing it into the new 800XL with one of tf_hh's 576K boards and maybe a UAV board too.

Heh, my current main-driver 800XL is also quite similar:

Of course, the case has been made previously that a U1MB will provide the OS, BASIC, and RAM functionality above plus more for less effort and cost than these separate upgrades, but I did have fun and learned a lot installing them one at a time. :) There's always more machines to upgrade...

Great machine, only problem is it still has BASIC rev B - and I can't fit Retro Innovations' 2364 adapter next to the 32-in-1 OS board... It will probably eventually end up with an original rev C chip from another machine that can take the adapter.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nezgar said:

Heh, my current main-driver 800XL is also quite similar:

Of course, the case has been made previously that a U1MB will provide the OS, BASIC, and RAM functionality above plus more for less effort and cost than these separate upgrades, but I did have fun and learned a lot installing them one at a time. :) There's always more machines to upgrade...

Great machine, only problem is it still has BASIC rev B - and I can't fit Retro Innovations' 2364 adapter next to the 32-in-1 OS board... It will probably eventually end up with an original rev C chip from another machine that can take the adapter.

My 1200XL is/was pretty similar, (RF removed though) and I had an Atarimax Rambo 512K internal until I installed the PBI; now I reverted the 1200XL back to 64K stock and use a Syscheck 2.0 on the PBI for external 512K, which bumped the memory up to 576K total. :) The Atarimax Rambo is being re-commissioned to another 1200XL for someone else, and my third 1200XL will get the U1MB/Side2 treatment. I love doing different upgrades on different machines!  I'm also going to pull the BASIC rev. C eprom I have in my 1200XL and replace it with some yet undecided 8K game, as I always use BASIC XE or Turbo Basic anyway! The rev. C eprom will be going into the friend's 1200XL along with one of Dropcheck's 4-in-1 OS's that I am just about to burn the 27512 eprom for with my Ralph David XL/XE eprom burner! ;)

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

On 8/27/2019 at 12:20 AM, tjlazer said:

Here is my ROM, I added the new XE C HS, Math, RB ROM posted the other day!

WarpOS 32-in-1 tjlazer 9.2.rom 512 kB · 21 downloads

my warp rom.JPG

I'll be reprogramming mine in the near future. I intend to get rid of most of the redundant XL/XE OS's I never use (I only use Rev. C) and replace them with alternative OS's. I also see no reason for the "800 compatible" that I've never used either, since OS-A and OS-B are already on there. And the earlier 1200XL OS is getting the boot too, and fill the spaces with high-speed and/or new Math OS's and different Omni-OS's and Qmeg's, Ramrod's etc.

Edited by Gunstar

3 hours ago, Nezgar said:

There's always more machines to upgrade...

This is what makes it so much fun for me!  My U1MB machine honestly does everything that I really would ever need from an Atari computer.  However, what I am really enjoying right now is creating new XL configurations that do things in different ways.  This new one will be my 3rd XL "super system".  I love making these old dogs of mine learn some new tricks!

BTW, any ideas where might I be able to find a BASIC REV. C chip so that I could add it to this project?