IGNORED

Final box art for Intellivision Lives! on DS

Rev

• 2 weeks later...

i agree. i think its great boxart but to me the running football player will always be the iconic sprite of intellivision.

I'm thinking that would have been the box art had the Running Man not already been displayed in the logo at the top.

Man I'd kill for a 1-player Sea Battle... or did I(hopefully) miss something in the past 8 years? :)

Looking forward to this title!

Agg, they NEED to give a release date, I am getting impatient.. and Virtual Play Games "official" website is very un-promising. You cant click on anything, there is no info, and a dead picture link..

As for the games, if there are "over 60" as they say, I am sure some of our favorites will be in there :thumbsup:

Long as they got Thunder Castle, Tower of Doom, and either of the AD&D games, or Minotaur as they renamed it, I'm good to go!

As for classics, I am sure we'll see Thin Ice, Astrosmash, Snafu, Utopia, Shark Shark and hopefully some of the Imagic games.

And all we get for the cover is a single alien from Space Armada.

I felt the same way at first, but if you think about it, they are trying not to just target us INTV fans, but all generations, and a "space invader" (or its clone in this case) is a good icon to represent classic games. At least the running man is on the cover too.

Edited by jeremysart

• 2 weeks later...

This was just on intellivision facebook page

Intellivision Nintendo informed Virtual Play Games this morning, July 27, that Intellivision Lives! for Nintendo DS has been approved. Production will begin shortly. VPG will make a formal announcement Wednesday or Thursday. Exact release date will be known soon, but we've been told, "It's safe to say in the stores sometime in September."

official announcement made today!

My link

Virtual Play Games announced today the release of one of one of the most recognizable names in video game history by bringing Intellivision Lives! to the Nintendo DS family of hand-held systems.

"Virtual Play Games is very excited to bring Intellivision Lives! to a broader audience at a time when both adults and kids are enjoying casual games even more than ever", said Virginie Grange, Business Development for Virtual Play Games.

"2010 being the 30th anniversary of the Intellivision console, I'm looking forward to seeing how many new fans will discover Intellivision thanks to this DS version. The Nintendo DS is the perfect platform for the classic Intellivision games", said Keith Robinson, Owner of Intellivision Productions.

Intellivision Lives! includes over 60 different games including, Astrosmash, B-17 Bomber, Shark! Shark!, Motocross, Space Cadet, Thin Ice and many more classics, giving players countless hours of enjoyable play. The iconic space ships, robots, sharks, etc. makes it fun for both kids and parents. For the nostalgic players, they will recognize the 12 button key-pad displayed on the screen that made it so easy to play. The game also features games not released at the time of its original launch as well as Head-to-Head local wireless game play.

For those in the area, a preview of the game will be available at the Classic Gaming Expo taking place in Las Vegas on July 31-August 1st, 2010.

Intellivision Lives! will be available at retail in September of 2010.

Edited by revolutionika