IGNORED

The Atari Bucket List

jacobus

Pitfall II is another good one. I think I did finish level one, but I was sent to the 2nd level (which doesn't exist on the 2600 one?), but no luck past there. Was there an end to the 2nd level?

Weird to see how many have problems with the ones I think is easy and then again, how many completed the ones I thought was really though. Goonies, Bruce Lee is very easy, I love both games, but they're not difficult to beat. And about Wayout ... wasn't that the one where you choose a level on the opening screen? I seem to remember having some problems with wind (I mean in the game, though I have real wind problems too :-)) ... Way cool game, Capture the Flag was okay too. Why don't someone use these engines for something cool? Look fairly impressive ... a RPG or something?

Fun reading about thoughts on different games ... Take Atarian care

Yes, part 2 of Pitfall II had a proper ending and that was the end of it. No part 3, though that would have been cool. :)

Wayout had the level selection screen at the start, yes. And some of the mazes had some powerful wind coming out of the exits too. ;) It had pretty fast rendering from what I remember. And while you probably could do an RPG with that engine, I doubt you'd get the same speed with nice textures or large open areas. :P

Yes, part 2 of Pitfall II had a proper ending and that was the end of it. No part 3, though that would have been cool. :)

Is there a way to, has anyone, or could anyone :!: make a hack of Pitfall II that starts on the 2nd level :?: I remember playing through this a couple of times but by then was losing the will to carry on plus the 2nd level was so very difficult... would be nice to be able to start on the 2nd part of the game :)

Here's another couple for the list:

Drol - beat level 9 (uncheck)

Oil's Well beat 10 screens (check)

;)

Well, I completed Blue Max and Blue Max 2001 on the highest level of difficulty. I also did complete Quasimodo, which wasn't easy. Moreover, I think that Shamus II and Zeppelin are challenging. Archon II is a bitch to beat too, since the computer is cheating.

Beating Quasi gave a great sense of achievement, a great game, but once you went round a few times you could rack up men too easily on the wall part... I played it through multiple times to see all the different silly messages, that's all games neeeded for replay value in them days :D

Might have another bash at Shamus II now there is a map floating around. Never beaten Archon II must have another bash at this... any tips without spoiling :?: