IGNORED

Fonts

What do you use to bring that up?

MAME. Vulgus. Play/shoot or wait for attract mode. “P” to pause. “F4” shows palette, decoded graphics and any tilemaps. Use “Enter” to switch between the three modes (palette, graphics and tilemaps). Controls vary slightly, but try Page Up/Down and Arrowkeys. "R" to rotate characters. F4 again to quit.

Also what are you using to rip?

A quick and dirty fiddle with my Limelight font ripper (C#). File was "1-3d.bin". Not a pretty sight ...

FileStream fs = new FileStream(file.FileName, FileMode.Open, FileAccess.Read);
	 long fl = fs.Length;

BinaryReader r = new BinaryReader(fs);

int b, i, j, x, y, z;

for (z = 0; z < 64; z++)
	 {
		 for (y = 0; y < 32; y++)
		 {
			 for (x = 0; x < 8; x++)
			 {
				 for (j = 0; j < 2; j++)
				 {
					 if (fl > 0)
					 {
						 b = r.ReadByte();
						 i = ((b & 128) >> 6) + ((b &  >> 3);
						 bmp.SetPixel(0 + j * 4 + y * 8, x + z * 8, colors[i]);
						 i = ((b & 64) >> 5) + ((b & 4) >> 2);
					 	 bmp.SetPixel(1 + j * 4 + y * 8, x + z * 8, colors[i]);
						 i = ((b & 32) >> 4) + ((b & 2) >> 1);
						 bmp.SetPixel(2 + j * 4 + y * 8, x + z * 8, colors[i]);
						 i = ((b & 16) >> 3) + (b & 1);
						 bmp.SetPixel(3 + j * 4 + y * 8, x + z * 8, colors[i]);
					 }
					 fl--;
				 }
			 }
		 }
	 }

Cool. Doing it about the same as me. :-)

objnum = 0;
	po = 32;	// characters use palette 32-47
	for ( spy = 0 ; spy < 32 ; spy++ )
	{
		for ( spx = 0 ; spx < 16 ; spx++ )
		{
			for ( iy = 0 ; iy < 8 ; iy++ )
			{
				offset = (objnum * 64) + (iy * ;		// 64 = object's w*h

for ( ix = 0 ; ix < 8 ; ix++ )
				{
					pix = chardata[offset + ix] + po;
					glColor3f(pal256[pix][0], pal256[pix][1], pal256[pix][2]);
//						glVertex3f(x + (ix * pixsize), y + (iy * pixsize), z);
					glVertex3f(x + (iy * pixsize), y + 14 - (ix * pixsize), z);
				}
			}

objnum++;
			if ( objnum > 128 )
				x += (8 * pixsize);
			else
				x += (8 * pixsize) + 1;
		}

x = 900;
		if ( objnum > 128 )
			y += (8 * pixsize);
		else
			y += (8 * pixsize) + 1;
	}

Hmmm, to me they appear exactly the same as the one(s) I posted in #230. Perhaps they appear a bit blurry, but that's due to some web resizing. If you (save and) open the images, you might view them pixel sharp.

Thanks for looking. Yeah, you got the alpha-numeric characters down. I'm seeing block gradients though. Things beyond one half solid blocks more like 1/4 and 1/3 and 2/8 of a solid block in those pictures..

Edited by theloon

Does this help in any way ?

http://www.sharpmz.o...0/codetabjp.htm

The games were a bit poor because of the low resolution (which was actually graphical characters), but there were 512 graphic characters in ROM, which can be used to offset it (sort of).

http://www.old-computers.com/MUSEUM/computer.asp?c=87

Edited by sometimes99er

Does this help in any way ?

http://www.sharpmz.o...0/codetabjp.htm

The games were a bit poor because of the low resolution (which was actually graphical characters), but there were 512 graphic characters in ROM, which can be used to offset it (sort of).

http://www.old-compu...mputer.asp?c=87

I appreciate an extra pair of eyes with good searching skills. If YOU can't find it then I know it isn't me.

See the curve in her green hair and angle of the red sleeve on her shirt? Those seem to be characters in the MZ-700 font that are either rows of eight pixel lines or columns of eight pixel lines. I can't find those characters in any of the typical MZ-700 font sets. As long as I know what they are I can manually reproduce them.

Wait.. wait.. er, I finally saw them in the link you provided sometimes99er! I guess they interspersed them within the character set in a way I didn't expect.

Again, thanks for the second pair of eyes!

post-13304-0-76007000-1343875779_thumb.png

Edited by theloon

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Nice gesture. Copy the collection and add some not offered to this list. :skull:

http://electrickeet.com/line-itfont.html

Thanks for guilt-trip. A simple "hey, mind sharing the fonts?" perhaps? Honestly I was so busy just trying to get everything wrapped up, it never crossed my mind. Google: "8-bit fonts" and you will find more fonts than you could ever hope to include. Sorry for pissing you off, I'll remove the collection from the firmware in my next update.

This is too bad. Would be so cool if you guys could agree to keep the existings fonts in the F18A nonetheless.

Please, just think about it once more.

Why? A game using a built-in font should look the same no matter what firmware revision you are using.

Guess that you will always have some F18A's out there that won't be upgraded when a new firmware is released.

http://electrickeet....ine-itfont.html

Thanks for guilt-trip. A simple "hey, mind sharing the fonts?" perhaps? Honestly I was so busy just trying to get everything wrapped up, it never crossed my mind. Google: "8-bit fonts" and you will find more fonts than you could ever hope to include. Sorry for pissing you off, I'll remove the collection from the firmware in my next update.

Sorry for hurting you feelings, Matthew180.

On the other hand, a simple ”hey, mind me including the list in the F18A” perhaps ?

Coming here announcing “others that are not part of sometimes99er's list”, just strikes me as caring for and promoting your own thing, only.

I’ve heard of Google, but thanks for the link and directions as to how to do the search. And yes, the list is quite inferior, when you compare the two, thanks for pointing it out. I have guilt. I have been dancing on other peoples fonts while trying to hide the fact of Google. Shame on me.

In principle I could make my own X9918B, include your functionality and write, in the F18A thread, that I’ve got a few things you haven’t. This might be somewhat discouraging at the other end, but I'm busy. Get it ? Please don’t tell me I can’t compare the mighty F18A with the font collection. You put in Google together with the list. Want to make me feel small and unimportant ? Copy the list, add some, rub it in, more than once, talk about guilt, and easily remove the insignificant list. Nice. Want me to rant about the Radeon HD 7970 - in your thread ? Proportions ? Come on, Google !?

Bottomline. I’ll be cool about it. You can keep it. I’m glad you copied and expanded. You went here and pointed that out. Right now you got the list and more, in firmware, out there, ...

:)

Edited by sometimes99er