IGNORED

Fonts

• 5 weeks later...

Classic99 now offers 16K VDP dump including 8 bytes of VDP registers. The latter tells us where to find the character patterns within the 16K VDP.

The process of extracting graphics (256 characters, not full bitmap), is simply to enable "Scroll Lock" (it's likely on your keyboard), and then press F10 (Dump RAM).

This video then demonstrates Limelight 1.4. Again the fonts/graphics saved can be used with utilities like Magellan, CartographPC and Grapefruit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiBThPqUY7Q

:)

Edited by sometimes99er

• 2 months later...

Thanks. The font looks very nice. It requires 16x16 pixels for characters to fit. I've included a few 8x16 and 16x8 in the collection since you can experiment with these, although not in a straight forward manner, with the pineapple utility. I can't shoehorn a 16x16 into it, without some heavy redesign. The font you presented is non proportional (fixed size), which is good for now, 10 characters wide and 8 characters high, that's 80 characters. Each character takes 4 character patterns, so the set, as is, would require more than the standard 256 characters available with GM1 (ordinary graphic mode).

angrybirds1.png

I have an unfinished demo or input for game laying around codenamed "big scroller". It only features uppercase, digits and limited punctuation in both 8x8 and 16x16 (takes up an awful lot of character patterns anyway). Scrolling 16x16 pixel characters (for short messages) looks very cool even at 8 pixel speed (has to update in sync with the frame update to be good).

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

i never noticed that you converted sooo many fonts !!! I feel so stupid you have already converted the fonts C64 two years ago, and I've lost hours to do it again a month ago..... thanks for your amazing work !

Thank you. Always nice with a bit of feedback. And don’t feel stupid, retro-wise, you can’t convert it, and preserve it, too many times – just my opinion. A bit of laidback fun shouldn’t do no harm.

Even wayback, August 27th, 2004, I converted (compressed) the C64 font to the 40 column mode of the “precious” TMS9918A.

“Travelling back in time” is actually quite nice for me. Told my wife, and I think she begins to accept it. She can go and do her thing too (Topperware and stuff). Ain’t that nice ?

Have you seen this webpage?

http://electrickeet....ine-itfont.html

I like the extra tiles defined from 0-31 and 128-255 (although these are not as obvious as 32-127), and how the extra tiles are geared for making a UI of some sort.

Most of the fonts on that website are free to be free but not really free. You can use them only if your program doesn't make money along with other terms.

What are the fonts in this topic licensed as?