IGNORED

H2

batari

Heh. LOL... :grin:

2010 is the year of the 7800!!! :-D

A lot of work needs to be done, but it is currently playing Joust without a hitch.

This is very early in the dev cycle. These are not available for sale or beta testing, and there is no release date yet. Please ask questions here. Don't fill up my PM box with questions about purchasing, beta testing, release dates, or anything like that!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Take your time - I can't afford one right now and won't need it until Curt's new combo machine is done.

What combo machine? Can you direct me to it??

Also I guess we should all buy h1 for now as they need the money so they can make the h2. thats what I heard.

Take your time - I can't afford one right now and won't need it until Curt's new combo machine is done.

What combo machine? Can you direct me to it??

Also I guess we should all buy h1 for now as they need the money so they can make the h2. thats what I heard.

He's probably talking about this:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/187314-new-atari-compatible-console-controllers/

• 3 weeks later...

On these projects, no news is good news. You don't want the developer to post a message that for such and such reason development is being cancelled. So as long as the developer is not posting messages, its safe to assume the project has not been cancelled.

On these projects, no news is good news. You don't want the developer to post a message that for such and such reason development is being cancelled. So as long as the developer is not posting messages, its safe to assume the project has not been cancelled.

Agreed. Per batari's last post on the matter:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/165892-h2/page__view__findpost__p__2433089

"No dates, no promises... It's done when it's done!"

• 3 months later...

Is there a FAQ for this yet?

Pokey chip? and if so included or need to buy separately?

Auto-detected of roms (bank-switching) or need to specify like CC2?

Menu: displayed by the directories

High Score Cart?

Will be able to run Pitfall 2 with sound?

SD card?

Upgrading software: through the USB port.

Custom cartridge colors: available for only $100 extra (just kidding)

• 2 weeks later...

Auto-detected of roms (bank-switching) or need to specify like CC2?

Menu: displayed by the directories

SD card?

Cheaper, will play games that the CC2 won't, software will work on all platforms, SD cards instead of MMC cards, no funky config files, autodetects bankswitching, easy setup: just copy files to SD and go, shows actual directories and filenames on SD

Pokey chip? and if so included or need to buy separately?

I don't know how the expansion module's POKEY will be set up, but H2 can disable its POKEY if needed. For that matter, I sort of hope the POKEY will only be needed on prototypes so we can replicate its sound functions on the MCU so no POKEY will actually be needed.

I bought the original Harmony for the 2600 and am still enjoying this :-D Very happy days! :-D

My girlfriend is obsessed with the 7800 and has finally gotten one that is decent after a long search. Games prices on ebay from UK sellers is quite frankly utterly stoopid just way too expensive. So the next step is to go down the flashcart route.

I am happy to invest in stuff like this as, naturally its going to make mine and my gf's life much easier.

Looking forward to the developments of this!

• 2 months later...