IGNORED

H2

batari

BTW, crazy idea, I know, but...how about renaming this thread to "Concerto"? :)

Ditto. When people hear the name "Harmony 2", they'll automatically assume it's talking about the Encore. Concerto is Encore functionality plus 7800, but obviously you need a 7800.

Here's one out of left feild: maybe somebody come up with a "universal" Atari flashcart with either retractable 7800 pins or possibly a double ender, that plays 2600 roms on both consoles and also plays 7800 ROMs on a 7800. :grin:

BTW, crazy idea, I know, but...how about renaming this thread to "Concerto"? :)

Indeed. And pinning it to the top. Or better still, perhaps - merging it with the existing thread that's hidden away in the Harmony sub-forum in the 2600 section, and THEN pinning it.

Harmony Cart 7800

Edited by DrVenkman
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

I haven't checked on this project in four or five years, but I want to know if there have ever been any video demos available online. Someone just told me it was either cancelled or (gasp) a hoax. I wouldn't want to believe that. I was so ready to have one!

Yes, Harmony is a complete hoax. It never existed. If you don't believe me, try finding it in the official AA store.

Ninja'd :evil:

Yes, Harmony is a complete hoax. It never existed. If you don't believe me, try finding it in the official AA store.

Ninja'd :evil:

It was the wrong thread (as indicated by the edit 2 minutes later). I was talking about the 7800 flash cart. ;)

Edited by jeff20

It was the wrong thread (as indicated by the edit 2 minutes later). I was talking about the 7800 flash cart. But nice sarcasm. ;)

Sarcasm is rude and I will not stand for it. I promise to beat stardust4ever with a rubber chicken until he promises that he'll never do it again. :D

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Latest update from batari, delay causes unknowingly by flaky chip!

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/230751-sd-cartridge-for-7800/page-2?do=findComment&comment=3189671

Concerto was plodding along well until last October when I hit a snag. It was basically working but there was a mysterious bug that seemed to corrupt every ten-millionth byte fetched from RAM. I tried every angle I possibly could, soending hundreds of hours and several months to no avail so I set it aside last month in frustration. Then I discovered that there is a different brand of memory chip with the same specs and footprint (although the chip is obsolete and no longer manufactured) but I managed to find one for testing, and found everything was working 100% with the new chip.

I can't use this old obsolete chip or the one that proved flaky, obviously. So I am going to either drop down from 1MB to 512k RAM (using the same chips from Harmony Encore, which are known reliable) or use two of them for 1MB. I leaning toward 512k but possibly a 1MB option with the second chip and extra support logic.

So Concerto is back on track finally and you should be hearing more regular updates.

What would we lose by dropping 1/2 the RAM though?

Maybe if all the "whingers" are placed at the back of the queue it will encourage people to not moan about enthusiasts development of "obsolete" architecture....

#justbepatientdontbeawhinger

Someone correct me if there's an exception, but I think the largest existing homebrew ROMs top out at 512k right now. (sound+video demos from Matthias, and a WIP from frankodragon) I also think that's the max for the Cuttle Cart 2.

Matthias did a 1MB ROM, playing Relax from Frankie Goes To Hollywood. One cart is in existance in physical form, I can't remember who has it.

• Like 1

Maybe if all the "whingers" are placed at the back of the queue it will encourage people to not moan about enthusiasts development of "obsolete" architecture....

#justbepatientdontbeawhinger

I believe it's spelled "whine" or "whiner" as in "Would you like some cheeze with that whine?" :rolling:

Edited by stardust4ever