Tursi

Classic99 Updates

Update:  It seems to be working fine again on the laptop.  It has only happened three times on the laptop and twice on the desktop since the update release.  Weird -- it could be a timing related issue to my Realtek HD sound drivers (same version in both systems).

Edited by Torrax

4 hours ago, Torrax said:

I haven't tried it out on my i9-7960 (Win10) Mini-WS rig yet.  Will check it out this weekend.

A i9-7960!  Dude, that is one spendy chip!  My gosh 16 cores, 32 threads up to 4.2GHz and a 22 MB cache.

By comparison I'm in the slow lane only running an i7-8700 with 6 cores, 12 threads at 3.2Ghz and only a 12mb cache.

5 hours ago, Torrax said:

Anyone noticing any slight static or noise added to the sound output of this latest release??

Both my laptop and desktop systems (Win7) are exhibiting this behavior.

I haven't tried it out on my i9-7960 (Win10) Mini-WS rig yet.  Will check it out this weekend.

Timing issues can cause static. You can try changing the audio playback rate (there are only 3 options, try them all). if the emulator is pushing the CPU, try increasing it's priority (if you are used to doing such things), that has helped me in the past on some machines.

1 hour ago, --- Ω --- said:

A i9-7960!  Dude, that is one spendy chip!  My gosh 16 cores, 32 threads up to 4.2GHz and a 22 MB cache.

By comparison I'm in the slow lane only running an i7-8700 with 6 cores, 12 threads at 3.2Ghz and only a 12mb cache.

Slow lane, he says, with a clock 50% faster than mine. ;)

But, I'm running a lot of Xeon cores, so that helps. Dual Xeon E5-2670 @ 2.6Ghz, total 16 cores/32 threads and 20MB cache each chip.

Clearing out some unneeded processes and DLL's from Windows.  Also bumping up the priority level for Classic99.  The last few Windows 7 cummlative monthly updates keep adding unneeded stuff.  Both systems seem a bit snappier and faster now.

I got the i9-7960 mostly for video work and 4K gaming.  It also helps to have a family member that works at a major computer outlet for employee pricing.

On 8/8/2019 at 3:20 AM, Tursi said:

As Adamantyr noted, I have seen it as well. In fact I'm on video seeing it, so I can't deny, hehe. ;) 

It seems like something is slipping in the cycle counting and the emulator thinks the CPU is way ahead. I don't have a fix yet.

Tursi, I don't know if this helps or is even relevant, but I was using an old version for along time as you know and it never locked up on me.

Only the versions after you made the 9901/cassette fix started doing it. (from my perspective)

One more piece for your puzzle maybe.