IGNORED

Considering buying a 7800

Fischer500

I was thinking about it, as I've read overall good things about the 7800. I really like arcade-ish games, so it seems like a system worth buying. I checked Best Electronics first. I didn't check anywhere else, though probably should've. Best Electronics asks 99.95$ for a 7800, with all this (At the very top). That seemed like a lot for an old Atari system, but I really don't know anything about the 7800. The games are a bit expensive too, at 15$ a pop, but for sealed games it's not bad. Is Oshea still going? Chrome said something about an expired form or something similar, so I don't know. 5$ is a LOT better than 15$ a game. I really think it would be a worthwhile console to own, with the new expansion ports coming along and all. So, is 100$ too much?

You will be fine in buying a used system from a reputable seller in the marketplace. If you pay via PayPal as a standard transaction, you can still get your money back through them if you have any problems.. If you deal with a seller here with a lot of feedback though, chances are best that you will not have any problems. My only other recommendation is to ask for pics so you know what you're getting.. You *will* find a much better deal here, though.. And sometimes even eBay.

Go for it... but don't spend $100. I recently got a 7800 and I love it. The idea of it basically being a 2600 that's capable of playing some enhanced games really appeals to me. Now I have a decent cartridge version of Dig Dug! Can't do that, can you NES?

And definitely check out the people selling here, I know I overpaid on ebay for a system that wasn't in that great of shape.

Ok, thanks. I'm definitely This place has a much better deal, but I have no clue if it's legit or not. I don't have the cash at this moment, which is why I'm trying for a business rather than a private sale. When I have the money, I'll probably check the Marketplace. Does anyone have any experience with that website?

Ok, thanks. I'm definitely gonna try to get a 7800.This place has a much better deal for everything, even with the original box, but I have no clue if the site's legit or not. I don't have the cash at this moment, which is why I'm trying for a business rather than a private sale. When I have the money, I'll probably check the Marketplace. Does anyone have any experience with that website?

Edited by Fischer500

Ok, thanks. I'm definitely This place has a much better deal, but I have no clue if it's legit or not. I don't have the cash at this moment, which is why I'm trying for a business rather than a private sale. When I have the money, I'll probably check the Marketplace. Does anyone have any experience with that website?

Yep. I can vouch, done business with (Steve) many times. Good guy to deal with.