IGNORED

WTB Atari 1040STfm w/ hookups and mouse

STGuy1040

Hey all,

Looking to purchase an Atari 1040STfm as a birthday gift for my father. He loved the Atari ST computer back in the day, and apparently he wants to own one again to play classics like Brataccas and Sundog (two of his favorite ST games).

The computer doesn't have to be super minty fresh as long as its clean and working. Any deals out there?

Disregard.

I had posted about a 1MB 520STfm, but the floppy drive is bad and the one I put in there is inconsistent. It's an Amiga drive. So then I wondered if it wasn't compatible.

Then I put in another Amiga drive. Sorta similar.

Then I put in (not in 'cause too big) SF354 mech and couldn't get it to work. Maybe because I don't have any single-sided disks??

Then I ran the cables out the side and the HxC floppy emulator and it works.

Inconsistency in the machine? Drives incompatible? Who knows. Wouldn't want to try to sell anything I haven't made sure was ok. Will use as game machine for a while.

Edited by wood_jl

Still looking. Hoping to find a 1040STFM at a decent price for my father's 69th birthday. I've been searching Fleabay for copies of Sundog, and found one complete for $70. Yikes! I love Sundog as much as my father, but didn't realize it went for that much. :|