IGNORED

Colecovision Ultimate SD Cartridge - Pre-Ordering Now Available!

classics

A few of these went out today. I'm going to keep shipping them as they are ready to go, rather than hold them all back for one mailing after the 15th.

Pre-orders are a little more than half sold out at the moment.

Steve

Yes! Hope to see it soon ;) You sir are an Atari GOD.

Another batch going out in the morning... tracking numbers should be dispatched shortly. :)

Steve

That pic brought a tear to my eye. Soon I shall hold the cart in my hands .... and not be able to use it until I move back home in January :(

Oh well ... it's a better problem to have than never being able to use it :D

I feel like Charlie in the Chocolate Factory after finding a gold ticket! Yuppers!! Steve sent me the awesome email that my new toy is on it's way! Woo hoo!!

Not bad Steve... my birthday is Sunday... you were only a couple days off! :)

Third batch is going out this afternoon. Tracking and confirmations should be all sent out.

This pretty much covers most of the pre-orders. There are a few left to send out and carts are still available for purchase. :-)

Steve

Got mine today as well. Thanks Steve!

I'm glad they are finally arriving in numbers. :-)

There is a thread in the Colecovision forum with a link to a pretty complete collection of manuals and screenshots, for anyone who wants to get those directories started.

Steve

Got mine today as well. Thanks Steve!

I'm glad they are finally arriving in numbers. :-)

There is a thread in the Colecovision forum with a link to a pretty complete collection of manuals and screenshots, for anyone who wants to get those directories started.

Steve

I was reading that thread and it's a pretty big file already... won't these manuals and screenshots chew up most of the 32 meg SD card? I am thinking of getting the descriptions and screenshots because I think it's an amazing idea! However, I think I'll need to upgrade to a larger SD card wouldn't I?

I'm excited about this project as it allows much more freedom to work with a large size, not just 127 pre-defined slots. Kudos on this release and I'll have to keep tabs on software updates... I trust your site will have them when they are available.

I was reading that thread and it's a pretty big file already... won't these manuals and screenshots chew up most of the 32 meg SD card? I am thinking of getting the descriptions and screenshots because I think it's an amazing idea! However, I think I'll need to upgrade to a larger SD card wouldn't I?

I'm excited about this project as it allows much more freedom to work with a large size, not just 127 pre-defined slots. Kudos on this release and I'll have to keep tabs on software updates... I trust your site will have them when they are available.

I have pretty much the entire CV library, the screen shots, the manuals and J-F's box scans on one of the 32MB cards and there is still about 5-6MB free. :-)

I think I actually have two copies of the ROM images on this card too, so there might be more then 6MB left over.

You are correct, there is a firmware thread here:

http://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=974

The firmware shipped on the cart is by no means the 'final' version, it was just good enough to get things going. When I get back from my trip next week I plan to spend some time adding features and working on the API documentation.

Steve

There was an issue posted somewhere in which text on the left and right is slightly cut off, and this happens on my end as well. It seems to be one character cut on the left and one cut on the right. Other than that small issue, it seems to be rock solid as far as my testing goes. Certain roms (mostly unreleased) that did not work for me with the USB cart (or only worked to an extent) now work 100%. I haven't run into a single compatibility issue in my tests thus far. Really solid device!

How do you add the roms to the SD card? There is no link on your site for Chapter 3: Formatting and Preparing a new SD card for use with your Cartridge.

I have an SD slot on my Dell 9300 laptop. Can I just transfer the roms to the SD card through that slot or do I need some external device? I know I bought something years ago to transfer roms to a card for the CC2 but that was years ago and I can't remember how I did that.

How do you add the roms to the SD card? There is no link on your site for Chapter 3: Formatting and Preparing a new SD card for use with your Cartridge.

I have an SD slot on my Dell 9300 laptop. Can I just transfer the roms to the SD card through that slot or do I need some external device? I know I bought something years ago to transfer roms to a card for the CC2 but that was years ago and I can't remember how I did that.

Just place them anywhere you want on the card.

I put a '32k ROMs' directory on the cart by default as a suggestion, but you can navigate the directory structure and use files from anywhere using the on-screen menu.

I will be working on the documentation links. I wanted to make my first priority getting these out well before the 15th. :-)

Steve

Edited by classics

There was an issue posted somewhere in which text on the left and right is slightly cut off, and this happens on my end as well. It seems to be one character cut on the left and one cut on the right. Other than that small issue, it seems to be rock solid as far as my testing goes. Certain roms (mostly unreleased) that did not work for me with the USB cart (or only worked to an extent) now work 100%. I haven't run into a single compatibility issue in my tests thus far. Really solid device!

Daniel mentioned this to me in the Colecovision forum as well. Apparently the TI/99 and Colecovision both do this on some televisions.

I never noticed it because I've always used a modern LCD TV and the display is centered edge to edge.

I'll add a narrow 30 column display mode for the file listing in case this is a problem for some people.

Steve

Mine arrived today! I am very happy with it but I too am having issues with the text. The first letter of each rom file is not showing up. I used this same TV with the old 128 multicart that you sold with no issues at all in regards to the text. I also am having some screen rolling on the menu screens. Not constant but for some reason it does roll a bit at times but it works fine and soon as I load up a game.

The Colecovision that I am using isn't in the best of shape. At some point I will pick up another Coleco and see if that helps.

Thats rock!

I'm happy to let Mr Chin & Mario Bros distributed with Atarimax SD Cart

But please, don't spread those roms elsewhere, that mean please keep them for yourself to play with your SD Cart or emulation on pc

Re-EDIT: Mr.Chin (NOW SOLD-OUT!)

Mario Bros (NOW SOLD-OUT!)

I remember reading that this will also allow saving of games like Gateway to Apshai - is that true?

The two bonus games are a great deal, if you buy this - please don't release the roms and ruin this top of offer again in the future.

Hmmm, the main reason I would buy this thing is to play the roms for Coleco homebrew games, mainly ones no longer available for purchase but others also since I obviously can't buy every game, even though I would love to...my Wife would kill me! So from the sounds of it Coleco homebrew roms do not get released to the public? I didn't know that, most Atari 2600 ones are available, I guess for whatever reasons it is 2 different collecting worlds which is too bad since for me that will probably mean I will miss out on trying a lot of great games. Oh well, probably for the better since I would just waste more time playing 30 year old technology - lol, when am I going to grow up man!

So from the sounds of it Coleco homebrew roms do not get released to the public?

Not true at all. There are many roms that were released to the public. Even Opcode released his first two games (Space Invaders Collection and Sky Jaguar) and these were games that were for sale years ago. I guess when the author has completely sold out of his/her game, has no desire to re-release and some time passes, many do release their work to the public.

In other words, right now there is alot of homebrew out there for you to play with.

I am very happy with it but I too am having issues with the text. The first letter of each rom file is not showing up. I used this same TV with the old 128 multicart that you sold with no issues at all in regards to the text.

That you didn't have this problem in the old 128-in-1 is probably because the first character there is '<'. So you are probably only missing the '<'. All full line is like:

"<100> Game name" for rom number 100.

I'm using a PAL ColecoVision on a 32" LCD screen(using RF) and the first character is for more than half off the screen. But at the right side there is some space left after the last character.

It could be that if you have made a composite video out modification that the screen position is a little different than with RF.

Robert

Edited by rdemming

I'm back from vacation and all orders for these have been shipped.

There are less than 20 or so left, which I have placed up for sale as a regular in-stock item on the web site.

Depending on how long they last in stock I will either do another pre-order after things settle down, or just replenish the supply if I can get to it before they sell out.

Steve