IGNORED

Atari Jaguar - Black Screen

philexile

Hello,

OK, I just noticed some more odd behavior. Maybe this will point us in the right direction. :)

Tonight I was trying to boot up Tempest 2000 and on about the 5th try, it loaded up. The Jaguar red logo appeared and I heard the music come on, however, the little Atari letter animation never appeared. The Jaguar logo just remained onscreen by itself throughout. The game seemed to boot OK despite this. I tried a few more times - same thing. I even took the cart out and plugged it back in and the same non-animation happened. After plugging it in a third time, the normal animated letters appeared with the music.

Any ideas?

Thanks again for the suggestions and help!

I believe that's actually a somewhat rare form of cartridge read error. As near as I can figure, the Jag can read it well enough to get past the encryption, but can't finish booting.

My Jag does this from time to time. Turning it off and on doesn't help, but reseating the cartridge almost always does.

Hi,

Thanks for letting me know. I think I'm going to really, really clean out that cart slot and reheat the solder points for the slot. Maybe its just a bad joint.

I'll post my results either way.

Cheers

Hello,

OK, I just noticed some more odd behavior. Maybe this will point us in the right direction. :)

Tonight I was trying to boot up Tempest 2000 and on about the 5th try, it loaded up. The Jaguar red logo appeared and I heard the music come on, however, the little Atari letter animation never appeared. The Jaguar logo just remained onscreen by itself throughout. The game seemed to boot OK despite this. I tried a few more times - same thing. I even took the cart out and plugged it back in and the same non-animation happened. After plugging it in a third time, the normal animated letters appeared with the music.

Any ideas?

Thanks again for the suggestions and help!

I believe that's actually a somewhat rare form of cartridge read error. As near as I can figure, the Jag can read it well enough to get past the encryption, but can't finish booting.

My Jag does this from time to time. Turning it off and on doesn't help, but reseating the cartridge almost always does.

• 6 years later...
  • 3 years later...

Sorry to bring back a long defunct thread.. however, I am experiencing this very same issue with a Jag I bought recently. When it finally boots, it seems to be just fine, have left it for hours with no issue. As this seems to have happened before maybe someone has figured out how to troubleshoot and fix such an issue.