IGNORED

The MMO Thread - What do you play?

Sauron

Just wondering how many people here play MMOs, hence the title of this thread. I'm a long time MMO vet, having started with Ultima Online back when it was first released, and have played most major MMOs, including EQ, WoW, COH, etc. I've also worked in the MMO publishing industry for two different publishers. What MMOs have you played or do you currently play? I'm sure most responses will be World of Warcraft, but I'm curious what else you guys have played also.

Ah, a fellow Ultima Onliner :) I spent way too long playing that game on dial up only access way back when...

I then played Dark Ages of Camelot for a bit, and Star Wars Galaxies for a few months. After that I put down the MMO as something I was going to play. It simply takes up entirely too much time.

I'm just going to include PAID MMORPG's to make this easier....

I played World of Warcraft for about two years. Really enjoyed it, and had a good Pally, but in the end I just lost intrest. That said, there was still a lot of new stuff for me to do (as the game has been out for a long time) and not everyone on there is a jerk. :P In fact, there were some very nice people who helped me to get going in that, giving me stuff and money.

I played Earth and Beyond during the short time (about 18 months) that the game ran -- from the beta test until it shut down.

Also played EVE for about six months. I liked the game but it was borring with going around from place to place and a lot of cheap deaths.

I tried Star Wars Galaxies and World War II both for a short (free) time and didn't care much for either.

Right now I'm playing Star Trek Online -- have been since the beta started.

I have played Everquest since 2001. I don't play nearly as much as I used to, maybe 4-5 hours a week now, but still enjoy playing EQ.

I tried EQ2 when it launched and played for a couple of months, but ended up enjoying EQ1 more.

I beta tested the PS2 EverQuest game, but never played the retail version.

I have not tried any other MMO.

SOE just announced another new expansion for EQ1 (add's new zones and over 450 spells) and also "hinted" at a new EQ game: Everquest Next. Speculation is that EQN is going to be on the PS3 and as a former EQ1 player (from back in the days when Kunark first appeared and druids/wizards/boats were the only means of rapid transportation) that might be very interesting to me.

Mendon

I'm in the FF14 beta right now.

Pretty sweet graphics but to me so far its kind of more of the same just improved a whole lot. Used to play FF11 of course. (oops)

Play Age of Conan and that one is very well done IMO (after the buggy code nearly killed it). I love the combat mechanics. The game is free up to level 20 or so.

I play Freerealms with my kid from time to time.

I used to play FF XI when back in the day. I think I played for about 3 years before hanging up my Pally for good (he's still sitting in Jeuno LFP). I just didn't have the time to devote to it anymore and I wanted more a personal life. I guess it worked because now I'm married. :)

I'm looking forward to FF XIV, but being a newlywed I don't know how much time I'll have to play it. We'll see.

Tempest

• Like 1

Only one I played was Guild Wars. I was really into the first one, but even though I snagged the collectors editions of the 2 and 3 expansions, I never really played them!

I played that quite a bit myself when I was working at NCsoft. It's not a bad game at all, but the crafting system drove me wonky. Some people like to argue that it's not a "true" MMO, but I think it's close enough to one to count, especially considering it's published by an MMO publisher. I'm looking forward to Guild Wars 2.

I play World of Warcraft of course. And my main toon is a Night elf Hunter. Pretty low level because I started over after a couple years of not playing. I used to play Runescape a bit, but never got into it. I also play some low level MMO's like Shadowtale and I beta tested Gaiaonline's MMO, zOMG!(it wasn't very good.)

I've got Starcraft II, but haven't got to play it because my brother-in-law is monopolizing its time. I got to try the beta however, it was epic. Also own Diablo II, and just haven't had the boredom to try it.

Also own Diablo II, and just haven't had the boredom to try it.

I think I've spent several years of my life after adding up all of the hours spent playing Diablo II. It's not an MMO, but it's an epic amount of fun. Lack of boredom should not keep you from giving it a go. :)

Also own Diablo II, and just haven't had the boredom to try it.

I think I've spent several years of my life after adding up all of the hours spent playing Diablo II. It's not an MMO, but it's an epic amount of fun. Lack of boredom should not keep you from giving it a go. :)

Well if I do, you'll all know. I'll probably disappear from existence for a while. :P