11th Preppie!! 19,608 1pt

12th roadrunner 19,424 1pt

13th 4Ks 17,074 1pt

14th bluecat 15,129 1pt

15th littlemanjack 7,451 1pt

16th goochman 6,488 1pt

Vote for the next game :)

Heh. Welcome back Sloopy.

Is there a pause button on this game or a way to force it to pause? I was having a great game-- 40K+ w/o losing a man and the phone rang! If there's no pause, can someone lend me a gun to shoot my phone-- preferably one with a laser target light so I don't miss?

• Like 1

Is there a pause button on this game or a way to force it to pause? I was having a great game-- 40K+ w/o losing a man and the phone rang! If there's no pause, can someone lend me a gun to shoot my phone-- preferably one with a laser target light so I don't miss?

I was thinking the same (not the phone part :) ). Where's the pause?

as i have told my wife and kids many times... just because a phone rings, doesnt mean you have to answer it... a ringing phone means someone wants to tell you something, and they can ask the answering machine, and then you can reply when your ready...

yes this pisses my wife off to no end... especially when she is the one calling :')

sloopy.

You gotta go through me to get to Fres :P

and SteveS (A8ISA), but i dont see this as a problem... i see it more as a pebble to walk on, during my journey :')

not to mention, playing the HSC, means i am not working on computers, and that means by beating you i am not only just beating you but i am bustin yer balls ;')

sloopy.

as i have told my wife and kids many times... just because a phone rings, doesnt mean you have to answer it... a ringing phone means someone wants to tell you something, and they can ask the answering machine, and then you can reply when your ready...

yes this pisses my wife off to no end... especially when she is the one calling :')

sloopy.

You're lucky. My wife sometimes calls directly w/o using a phone. Can't mute that.

But it wasn't just answering time that you need pause, but distracting sounds also causes me to lose concentration in later levels as sounds are also important there-- shark sound, duck sound, etc.

sloopy.

You're lucky. My wife sometimes calls directly w/o using a phone. Can't mute that.

But it wasn't just answering time that you need pause, but distracting sounds also causes me to lose concentration in later levels as sounds are also important there-- shark sound, duck sound, etc.

can't take the pressure eh? bet that running out of time sound makes you panic too :P

no pause this game's for real men ;) unless you're someone using the emulator then they can make a toilet break :twisted:

p.s. Great effort Preppie! & Co :thumbsup: I'd better get the table updated...

the ribbitin' Frogger II table

1st therealbountybob 73,473 12pts

2nd atariksi 60,600 11pts

3rd divya16 42,775 10pts

4th Fres 40,926 9pts

5th a8isa1 38,285 8pts

6th Preppie!! 36,345 7pts

7th orpheuswaking 34,841 6pts

8th skr 30,000 5pts

9th gwobby 29,865 4pts

10th mopchop 24,440 3pts

11th sloopy 24,000 1pt

13th 4Ks 17,074 1pt

14th bluecat 15,129 1pt

16th goochman 6,488 1pt

17th Zoe-Oley Macaroni 5,391 1pt

the ribbitin' Frogger II table

1st therealbountybob 73,473 12pts

2nd atariksi 60,600 11pts

3rd divya16 42,775 10pts

4th Fres 40,926 9pts

5th a8isa1 38,285 8pts

6th Preppie!! 36,345 7pts

7th orpheuswaking 34,841 6pts

8th skr 30,000 5pts

9th gwobby 29,865 4pts

10th mopchop 24,440 3pts

11th sloopy 24,000 1pt

13th 4Ks 17,074 1pt

14th bluecat 15,129 1pt

16th goochman 6,488 1pt

17th Zoe-Oley Macaroni 5,391 1pt

You know that you can jump over sharks! I just figured this out in desperation trying to finish level 5. I didn't finish level 5 but I jumped over a couple of sharks. You have to time it just right. It's like the Topper game where you jump over the rabbit. Also, that joystick bug is there when you get on the tortoise and get off immediately, depending on some other circumstances, you end up on the row above.

post-12094-128292640177_thumb.jpg

You know that you can jump over sharks! I just figured this out in desperation trying to finish level 5. I didn't finish level 5 but I jumped over a couple of sharks. You have to time it just right. It's like the Topper game where you jump over the rabbit. Also, that joystick bug is there when you get on the tortoise and get off immediately, depending on some other circumstances, you end up on the row above.

I didn't know you could hop the sharks :thumbsup: I'm a bit full after cooking and eating a risotto (for once I made an edible meal!), was just chilling listening to the Chili Peppers's Stadium Arcadium but as you're getting so close to my score I'd better fire up the Atari for a quick hop around... keep meaning to check the instructions for that Turtle's name, it's been bugging me, was it Gerald :D

I didn't know you could hop the sharks :thumbsup: I'm a bit full after cooking and eating a risotto (for once I made an edible meal!), was just chilling listening to the Chili Peppers's Stadium Arcadium but as you're getting so close to my score I'd better fire up the Atari for a quick hop around... keep meaning to check the instructions for that Turtle's name, it's been bugging me, was it Gerald :D

To try practicing jumping over sharks, just go to first lilly pad in level 4 and wait there until a shark comes. As soon as shark hits the lilly pad next to you on your right, jump right. By the time you land on the lilly pad, shark will have left and will be where you were-- just like the Topper game. Makes level 4 easier at least. As for level 5, the whale starts taking dives into the lake (ocean/river) and slows things down and that cloud all the way on the left requires some time to get to and that slows things down as well until time runs out (so far).

I've seen the vegetarian risotto:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Risotto-with-Tomato-Corn-and-Basil/Detail.aspx

I probably would substitute the onions/garlic with something else like asafoetida:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asafoetida

Did somebody say "jump the shark?"

Aaay!

post-22103-128294546278_thumb.png

May need to try that as I have been stuck on level 4 for quite some time. Also, I played a little bit of PAL version of this game, and it's slower and easier so may give that a shot to try to pass level 4 if all else fails.

post-16716-128294694295_thumb.jpg

Did somebody say "jump the shark?"

Aaay!

post-22103-128294546278_thumb.png

May need to try that as I have been stuck on level 4 for quite some time. Also, I played a little bit of PAL version of this game, and it's slower and easier so may give that a shot to try to pass level 4 if all else fails.

You can also time the shark and hear for it about to come. So get on first row of lilly pads and wait for the shark. Once it's visible either stay there if it's above you or move up and find the alligator while it moves across below you.