IGNORED

This makes me feel physically sick

HollowPoint123

I can't believe they did that to perfectly good asphalt.

I second that one. I did notice one missing from it, and I added it in myself. The prices are best called "guidelines" but it is a nice prebuilt list. It has macros to make have and want lists from the data you enter.

I second that one. I did notice one missing from it, and I added it in myself. The prices are best called "guidelines" but it is a nice prebuilt list. It has macros to make have and want lists from the data you enter.

For those of you who were totally confused by Pioneer's response, I think he was actually responding to my latest post in this topic.

:) :) :) How'd you manage that? :) :) :)

Stuff like this just pisses me off. Wanton destruction for the sake of destruction. I grew up in the third world country where one does noit simply smash expensive or useful hardware just for the hell of it.

It boggles the mind that these teens have the kind of money to procure this stuff and smash it. If anything, it shows that they need adult figures in their lives who would make them go out, get jobs and do something productive with their time.

Still giving them the attention they wanted - whether it good or bad. If parents who are childrens first teachers taught respect, disciplined,made them work, and didn't tolerate bs and give todays generation an entitlement complex, and if others inored stupidity and didn't reward it then it would happen a lot less imo.

Waste though it is, it's only a vid game system though my concern woudl be if they have this little respect for something casually entertaining what worse things are they doing.

• Like 1

I know there has been a thread about this sort of thing. I've seen many a horrible thing on YouTube and consider myself thickskinned but this I could not watch all the way through...

I agree, senselessly smashing things for fun is just plain stupid and immature.

But here's the problem that I see, and I mean no disrespect to you HollowPoint123 but, when you see something like that and you post it to a forum then hundreds or even thousands of people will click on your link, and that only adds fuel to fire.

These dimwit kids see that there are a bunch more hits to their idiotic video and that makes them want to do it even more.

It's like the news on TV showing crazy stuff that these attention starved teenage celebrities are doing. If they would just stop showing it maybe these kids will find something more constructive to do with their time.

• Like 1

For those of you who were totally confused by Pioneer's response, I think he was actually responding to my latest post in this topic.

:) :) :) How'd you manage that? :) :) :)

Uh, yeah, I totally screwed that one up! I don't know how I did that!

I know there has been a thread about this sort of thing. I've seen many a horrible thing on YouTube and consider myself thickskinned but this I could not watch all the way through...

I agree, senselessly smashing things for fun is just plain stupid and immature.

But here's the problem that I see, and I mean no disrespect to you HollowPoint123 but, when you see something like that and you post it to a forum then hundreds or even thousands of people will click on your link, and that only adds fuel to fire.

These dimwit kids see that there are a bunch more hits to their idiotic video and that makes them want to do it even more.

It's like the news on TV showing crazy stuff that these attention starved teenage celebrities are doing. If they would just stop showing it maybe these kids will find something more constructive to do with their time.

My mistake I should have thought of that. From what I could tell they have smashed most other consoles. I wouldn't have been so bad if they videoed taking it completely apart and not be able to put it back together (same conclusion diff means) or they had lined it up in their garage and blown it away with a 12bore (as long as they had the 12bore facing the wrong way) and since I didn't see the end I can't say if they cleaned up the mess afterwards. I don't think the neighbours would like bits of plastic/metal strewn all over the road for there tyres to get damaged etc. It's the fact that they did in the middle of the road with the sole purpose gaining attention to themselves. His parents probably don't give a toss either.

I'm totally against the needless destruction of anything for entertainment purposes.

I didn't help he looked like that kid you allways hated at school...

Not even Tom Dickson had the guts to blend an Atari.

Yeah, these kids are crazy. Even if it terrible system (CD-i, R-Zone, etc.), it'd still be just as ridiculous (maybe just a teeny bit less, but that's not my point).

I'm all for freedom of speech, but sometimes I wonder about some people.

You could always hope that there is the slim chance a piece of plastic or metal takes out an eye.

We couldn't be so lucky. Just like how drunk drivers almost always walk away from the accidents they cause. If anything, some innocent person walking by would get the shrapnel in the eye.

I didn't watch the video. No need to increase the hit counter. It just encourages them.

I don't see how anyone could get physically sick over it. It's an inanimate object. It's not animal poaching or murder. It's not like it is the only 2600 in the world.

Don't let the hobby take over your life.

Figure of speach. People say things are sick without pucking up all over their keyboards. It's not what was done but the way it was done.

Why do I need to bother taking stuff to a household waste site when I can smash it up outside in the road.

Anyway, enough said.

Actually these videos are not new and they've been posted on here before by someone else. I can remember watching this at least a year ago. I know these people smash tons of stuff, so I don't think people watching the Atari video is going to enhance their love of taping themselves destroying items.

Phil

I have seen these on various systems in the past (although it does hurt a bit seeing vintage consoles destroyed especially) and they even go as far as to wait in line for a brand new system (ie: Wii, PS3) on release day, buy it, and smash it outside of the store.

I think it is safe to say that these kids are just spoiled brats. I had to work my tail off to get my Atari, my TV, radio and so on. I would *never* smash any of my stuff for any reason. Heck, I had a hard time giving certain things away a decade or two later...just remembering how hard I had worked for them.

They need a good kick in the pants, to be restricted of all money from mommy and daddy, and need to go find out how very difficult it is to work for these things. Most parents nowadays just do not know how to bring up their kids...or even worse they grew up the same way!