IGNORED

Psychotherapy Programs

Wanted to have fun freaking out the kidddies by making the atari talk to them...

Have tried Eliza program but since found a basic program called "converse" in Atari User Magazine in Vol.1 Issue #7 - ATR attached. This one builds up response files and thought this would be more fun.

BUT, I can't get this to work on emulator or my 130XE :? :?: It whirrs away creating some files on disk but just locks up; if you press a key once you hear a click and thats it. Has anyone got this to work :?:

Stage two was I noticed in the mailbag on Vol 1 Issue 9 there was an update to speed it up and set it up to work with Software Automated Mouth (SAM) so thought that'd be fun too.

Does anyone know of any other programs like this out there :?:

Thanks

Atari User Vol 1 Number 7.ATR

Wanted to have fun freaking out the kidddies by making the atari talk to them...

Have tried Eliza program but since found a basic program called "converse" in Atari User Magazine in Vol.1 Issue #7 - ATR attached. This one builds up response files and thought this would be more fun.

Does anyone know of any other programs like this out there :?:

Thanks

Hmm,

do you mean a) more psychotherapy programs like Eliza or b) more (S.A.M.) talking programs ?!?

Think I already uploaded some of my Eliza versions here at atari-age (one with speech, but in strange german language; strange because it still uses the english/american phonems to speak german). Think I also have a few SAM talking-programs in my A8 collection... let`s see what I can find... ok, here it is. -Andreas Koch.

P.S.: Please don`t bother me, if some programs use samples and not speech-synthesis...

eliza.zip

talking_programs.zip

Converse seems to be a BASIC XL/XE program. Change your cartridge.

The magazine implies it is in regular atari basic icon_ponder.gif Did you get it to run?

Yes I got it to run with BasicXL. With Atari Basic hit the break key and list lines 1240,1250 and also line 1410. parts of these lines are corrupt with AtariBasic, but not with BasicXL. I don't have the magazine so I don't know how to run or what I have to input to get an understandable response.

Converse seems to be a BASIC XL/XE program. Change your cartridge.

The magazine implies it is in regular atari basic icon_ponder.gif Did you get it to run?

Yes I got it to run with BasicXL. With Atari Basic hit the break key and list lines 1240,1250 and also line 1410. parts of these lines are corrupt with AtariBasic, but not with BasicXL. I don't have the magazine so I don't know how to run or what I have to input to get an understandable response.

Loaded this into atari basic, looks like the file is corrupted/variables are screwed up a bit :? Line 1240 should have":NUMREP=0 at the end... The majority of the code looks ok, I have the magazine so guess there's a bit of retro typing work for me :) Unless anyone else has a working copy filed away :?:

Ok got this working. There were a few lines that had the NUMREP variable trashed. I guess someone loaded it into another OS that had num or rep as a reserved command and then saved it :ponder: Program is a bit slow but there's a m/c patch to type in so will do that and then look at SAM :)

Oh, & don't forget about Eliza's Evil Twin, known as: "ABUSE", by "Don't Ask Software"... muhaha.

LOL, I was just thinking about posting that when I saw your post.

Most of the children around where I live in Northolt could put abuse to shame :)

Oh, & don't forget about Eliza's Evil Twin, known as: "ABUSE", by "Don't Ask Software"... muhaha.

Most of the children around where I live in Northolt could put abuse to shame :)

Had a bash on Abuse today, great fun you festering pile of snail toenail clippings :ponder:

• 1 month later...

Had a bash on Abuse today, great fun you festering pile of snail toenail clippings  :ponder:

You're welcome... & May an Insane Guru's Llama Set Your Nose-Hairs on Fire. lollol.

Had a bash on Abuse today, great fun you festering pile of snail toenail clippings  :ponder:

You're welcome... & May an Insane Guru's Llama Set Your Nose-Hairs on Fire. lollol.

now there's a lightning fast come back ;)