IGNORED

Cleaning out the Attic...

bob1200xl

I would like to limit the 1200XLs to those of you who do not have one, for the time being. I don't know how many will be available and won't know for many weeks. I need to concentrate on those items that I am going to scrap right now, like the printers, monitors and such.

No 8-bit stuff will be thrown out so we have plenty of time for them - read as: it will be a while before any 8-bit stuff is shipped.

For those of you that want a 1200XL to modify (so you can keep your stock machine, stock), I may have enough spare boards (and blank cases) for you. I won't know that for some time, either.

Let me know what you are interested in and I'll get to it, eventually. The main project is to re-pack my stock.

Bob

I'm reducing my storage capacity and have a whole bunch of monitors and printers. Mostly mono monitors, Epson FX printers, some DeskJets, a few HP laser printers (III & IIID, 4MV - that kind of stuff) (an HP 7475 plotter?)

I also seem to have more 1050s, 800s, and 1200XLs than I am allowed under the Geneva Convention.

The monitors and printers will go to e-waste. The 8-bit stuff will get stored, although I think it would be best if some of it, at least, found a home where it might be used by someone.

Bob

then most certainly I do not have one, and You know me well enough to know that it end up heavly modified ;)

speaking of printers - if You happend to have panasonic kxp 61xx/65xx printer than there is mc68000/16mhz in plcc socket screaming out lound for salvation as it fits STE perfectly ;)

ps. did You had the time to read that PM i've sent You month ago? ;)

I just dumped a dozen old monitors and a couple of LJIIIs for free, actually. Places like SVDP make a few bucks apiece from re-cycling them. Good thing... I'd go broke if I had to pay for getting rid of this stuff.

Bob

Before you dump more HP Laser printers, let me know how far you are from:

190 N Mathilda Place, Sunnyvale CA 94086

How many miles? Is there a train that goes there from here?

I don't have any 1200XL but I do have an Atari 800 w/some keys that don't work so an Atari 800 would do as I mostly have cartridges.

I have two non working ones, one missing case parts, keyboard, led board, and mobo that evidently had some upgrade that was ripped out, instead of take out (this machine was owned by a service center), and the second is complete but doesnt work, and KB doesnt work (tested on a 130XE, with 1200XL kb mod).

so put me a little further down on the list...

sloopy.

Hi Bob I would like an opportunity to pick up a 1200xl - I do not have one and it is the one computer I have wanted since seeing it in the catalog as a little guy - always been outbid on e-bay.

also would like to pick up a 600xl for my little one - i think that it would be the perfect machine for him to learn on.

thank you!

Byron

How could I miss this posting?

As European of course I also want a 1200 XL badly, because they were never sold over here and I don´t have one. Also could use a fully working 810.

We could make shipping cheaper: In the last full week of September I am at a conference in Phoenix, Arizona. I have somebody there, who could it for me. I also have a shipping address in Salt Lake City, they will come to Phoenix, too. :-)

If there is any chance, I would like to apply for a 1200 and maybe other stuff like 810. My first computer was an ATARI 600XL 24 years ago and I now collected and use some others, too. But over here in Germany, I could not get hold of a 1200. To make shipping easier, I have folks in Stockton/CA who could store it for me until I come over again next year. Would be great to get one! :)

You guys should grab up those Epson FX printers, if you dont currently have a good dot matrix printer. The epson FX/MX command set is just about the most universally supported printer standard in ATARI software (and other 8-bits for that matter)..

I have two FX-980s (hehe.. 500cps draft!) or I'd take one off his hands..

Also, anyone who has (or plans to aquire) an XEP-80, should grab up a good monochrome composite monitor..

Edited by MEtalGuy66

Yes - the FX850 and such only print about half that speed, but compared to a 1025, it's a barn-burner. Along with the Epsons, I have a bunch (4,8?) of Deskjets, some of which have FX-80 emulator carts for them.

Today's modern laser printers are just too handy and versatile to justify using a dot-matrix printer any more. Too bad...

Bob

You guys should grab up those Epson FX printers, if you dont currently have a good dot matrix printer. The epson FX/MX command set is just about the most universally supported printer standard in ATARI software (and other 8-bits for that matter)..

I have two FX-980s (hehe.. 500cps draft!) or I'd take one off his hands..

Also, anyone who has (or plans to aquire) an XEP-80, should grab up a good monochrome composite monitor..

30-40 miles? Train? You mean BART? It goes to Oakland (close-by).

Do you want some LaserJets?

Bob

I just dumped a dozen old monitors and a couple of LJIIIs for free, actually. Places like SVDP make a few bucks apiece from re-cycling them. Good thing... I'd go broke if I had to pay for getting rid of this stuff.

Bob

Before you dump more HP Laser printers, let me know how far you are from:

190 N Mathilda Place, Sunnyvale CA 94086

How many miles? Is there a train that goes there from here?

I don't have any 1200XL but I do have an Atari 800 w/some keys that don't work so an Atari 800 would do as I mostly have cartridges.

There may be a few 1200XLs left. I'll put you on the list.

Bob

If there is any chance, I would like to apply for a 1200 and maybe other stuff like 810. My first computer was an ATARI 600XL 24 years ago and I now collected and use some others, too. But over here in Germany, I could not get hold of a 1200. To make shipping easier, I have folks in Stockton/CA who could store it for me until I come over again next year. Would be great to get one! :)

Let me review what may be available:

Atari 1200XLs - some

Atari 800s - a few

Atari 600XLs - a few

Atari 1050s - some

Atari 810s - a few

ST monitors and systems - a few

Epson FX printers - some

HP LaserJet printers - some

HP DeskJet Printers - a few

* new items

5.25 360K drives - a few (these don't take up enough space to be throw-outs)

3.5 720K drives - a few (I just have many more than I'll ever need)

I'll try to only ship an item that works, but cosmetics vary, particularly on the 1200XLs. I'll assign everyone a number and each system a number, randomize them and pair them up. So, you may get a really nice unit or a discolored one. You may get shields or you may not. I'll let you know what you are getting once I complete my inventory. If you want 'better', I'll upgrade you for a fee, OK? This includes cosmetics, video tweaks, memory upgrades, and that sort of thing. If you want to wait until I finish them, I can do 65816s and such, also. Otherwise, you pay shipping and handling (the box and packing material) and it's yours.

I can store Atari stuff for an extended period of time. The other, monitors, printers and the like, need to go away in the next month or two.

Bob

I'm reducing my storage capacity and have a whole bunch of monitors and printers. Mostly mono monitors, Epson FX printers, some DeskJets, a few HP laser printers (III & IIID, 4MV - that kind of stuff) (an HP 7475 plotter?)

I also seem to have more 1050s, 800s, and 1200XLs than I am allowed under the Geneva Convention.

The monitors and printers will go to e-waste. The 8-bit stuff will get stored, although I think it would be best if some of it, at least, found a home where it might be used by someone.

Bob