IGNORED

Can anyone translate the Japanese in this song from Twin Eagle?

Max-T

This is a long shot and I hope I'm not posting in an inappropriate forum. One of my favorite arcade games as a teen was Twin Eagle, the helicopter combat game. In the bonus stages the machine would play this really cool sampled clip from a guitar rock type song. Just a few seconds of guitar and one line in English that was looped a few times. I don't know if any of you guys remember the game. Anyway, I just found the whole song on Youtube:

"Early Warning" from Twin Eagle

It's half in Japanese and half in sketchy English. I was wondering if anyone out there speaks Japanese and could tell me what those parts translate into. The song is so obscure and rare that there are no lyrics on the Internet, or I'd try Google Translate or Babelfish. It was released around 1989 on CD in Japan only, so I'll be lucky to ever find a copy and even if I do the lyrics insert obviously wouldn't be in English.

Thanks for any help, and even if you know no Japanese, check out the song -- it's a terrific piece of late '80s cheese.

I may be able to help somewhat, but not enough for the lyrics to fully make sense. After listening to a bit of the YouTube video and typing out some of the Japanese I heard, Google found a smidgen of the Japanese lyrics at this Japanese message thread:

言葉 最後まで 聞いてたはずさ

心 そこまで たどりついたはずさ

次に目が覚めたとき 違ってた

感じる全てが

ささやきから叫びへと 変わってた

伝える声も

Wanna cry the last ...?

be with you right now

I will not tell ...?

I'm gonna be away

gonna be ...?

Not sure if that guy's rendition of the beginning of the song is right, but I think it is. My problem is that I have a hard time parsing words out of most songs; even the English in this song is hard for me to make out. With that in mind, and building on that guy's start, this is what I think the full lyrics are (my translation of each of the Japanese lines follows the line in parenthesized italics, and any notes I may have for each line follow a double-dash):

### BEGIN ###

Kotoba saigo made kiiteta hazu sa (Must have listened to the words to the end)

Kokoro soko made tadoritsuita hazu sa (Must have had [my?] heart struggle that far)

Tsugi ni me ga sameta toki chigatte ta (The next time I awoke was different)

Kanjiru subete ga (Everything I feel)

Sasayaki kara sakebi e to kawatte ta (Has changed from whispers to screams)

Tsutaeru koe mo (Even my speaking voice)

Wanna cry the last night(?) too and be with you right now -- Just not sure about some of this English

I will not tell lie no more

I'm gonna be away

[???] for you -- I think this line starts with unintelligible (for me) English

Atama no naka no boku (If the me inside my head) -- I'm not entirely sure I heard right what he said at the end of this line, which is the "me" part; definitely something inside his head, though

Kowareta kokoro itsumo tsuretetara (Always leads [my?] broken heart)

Yuuki mo te shinaisa(?) (I won't [do something with courage???]) -- I'm not sure I parsed his first few syllables properly on this line

I wanna cry the last night(?) too and be with you right now

I'm not singing 'cause I can't live without you

Wa wa wa gonna break you down

The terror [???] -- More English I can't make out

You see it

Asa mo hiru mo yoru mo tsugi mo (Morning, noon, night, and the next [day]) -- I'm not sure if he said "tsugi" ("next") here or "tsuki" ("moon") here as some poetic substitute for "midnight" or something

Go fight! -- This is what another Japanese search result claimed for this English line that I couldn't make out on my own; it was a Google result that only quoted the previous line and this one

Kimi wa sugu ni hareru (You will soon feel free) -- Literally "clear up," but I figured "feel free" probably fit the intended connotation

Yoru mo yagate akeru (The night too will open before long)

Toki wa [two voices singing different things; I can't tell what either is saying, unfortunately] (Time is [???])

Wa wa wa i'm gonna break you down

The terror [???]

You see it

[chorus repeats]

### END ###

And that's all I was able to extract. Doesn't make too much sense, but hey, even all the proper lyrics probably don't fully make sense either.

onmode-ky

I may be able to help somewhat, but not enough for the lyrics to fully make sense. After listening to a bit of the YouTube video and typing out some of the Japanese I heard, Google found a smidgen of the Japanese lyrics at this Japanese message thread:

言葉 最後まで 聞いてたはずさ

心 そこまで たどりついたはずさ

次に目が覚めたとき 違ってた

感じる全てが

ささやきから叫びへと 変わってた

伝える声も

Wanna cry the last ...?

be with you right now

I will not tell ...?

I'm gonna be away

gonna be ...?

Not sure if that guy's rendition of the beginning of the song is right, but I think it is. My problem is that I have a hard time parsing words out of most songs; even the English in this song is hard for me to make out. With that in mind, and building on that guy's start, this is what I think the full lyrics are (my translation of each of the Japanese lines follows the line in parenthesized italics, and any notes I may have for each line follow a double-dash):

### BEGIN ###

Kotoba saigo made kiiteta hazu sa (Must have listened to the words to the end)

Kokoro soko made tadoritsuita hazu sa (Must have had [my?] heart struggle that far)

Tsugi ni me ga sameta toki chigatte ta (The next time I awoke was different)

Kanjiru subete ga (Everything I feel)

Sasayaki kara sakebi e to kawatte ta (Has changed from whispers to screams)

Tsutaeru koe mo (Even my speaking voice)

Wanna cry the last night(?) too and be with you right now -- Just not sure about some of this English

I will not tell lie no more

I'm gonna be away

[???] for you -- I think this line starts with unintelligible (for me) English

Atama no naka no boku (If the me inside my head) -- I'm not entirely sure I heard right what he said at the end of this line, which is the "me" part; definitely something inside his head, though

Kowareta kokoro itsumo tsuretetara (Always leads [my?] broken heart)

Yuuki mo te shinaisa(?) (I won't [do something with courage???]) -- I'm not sure I parsed his first few syllables properly on this line

I wanna cry the last night(?) too and be with you right now

I'm not singing 'cause I can't live without you

Wa wa wa gonna break you down

The terror [???] -- More English I can't make out

You see it

Asa mo hiru mo yoru mo tsugi mo (Morning, noon, night, and the next [day]) -- I'm not sure if he said "tsugi" ("next") here or "tsuki" ("moon") here as some poetic substitute for "midnight" or something

Go fight! -- This is what another Japanese search result claimed for this English line that I couldn't make out on my own; it was a Google result that only quoted the previous line and this one

Kimi wa sugu ni hareru (You will soon feel free) -- Literally "clear up," but I figured "feel free" probably fit the intended connotation

Yoru mo yagate akeru (The night too will open before long)

Toki wa [two voices singing different things; I can't tell what either is saying, unfortunately] (Time is [???])

Wa wa wa i'm gonna break you down

The terror [???]

You see it

[chorus repeats]

### END ###

And that's all I was able to extract. Doesn't make too much sense, but hey, even all the proper lyrics probably don't fully make sense either.

onmode-ky

Wow, thanks for that answer, you did a lot of work. I agree that the English is difficult to understand. The guy who posted the song on Youtube thought the line was "The table will turn around, you see" for that line that you heard as "the terror..." I think that makes sense. It's the difficulty that the Japanese have with the "L" sound versus the "R" since their language does have a true "L" phoneme, I suppose. I actually managed to find a copy of that CD from some store in Japan and ordered it at a ludicrous price. Obviously if there is a lyrics sheet it would only be in Japanese, but maybe I can scan and OCR it and try Google Translate. But thanks very much -- I wasn't expecting a response but it's much appreciated!