IGNORED

Video Game(s) That Make You Mellow!

Charlie Cat

Beating SMB1 by using the warp to world 4-1 then 8-1. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Atari 2600 Space invaders.

Earthworm Jim 1 and 2 on Practice / Normal respectively, great games, but any difficulty settings higher then that I would get slaughtered. Hopefully my skill will improve over time

Rampart is also relaxing, until I lose. See above.

I also think the Master System / Game Gear Sonics are fantastic.

Smurf on Colecovision

especially the music. i love that music in Gargamel's castle.

Pengo on Atari 5200

although after awhile the music on that one starts sounding like an ice cream truck.

and

Alleyway on the original Gameboy

how many games was Mario in anyways!? i was surprised to see him in that one LOL . :rolling:

how many games was Mario in anyways!? i was surprised to see him in that one LOL . :rolling:

Mario had cameos in a lot of early Game Boy games. Nintendo ported Qix to the Game Boy themselves and Mario even appeared in that one.

Edited by FujiSkunk

Believe it or not, Circus Atari.

It can become rather hypnotic when I get into a "zone". My eyes barely have to move and my fingers automatically twitch the controller. To play it well, conscious thought goes on the back burner.

No melodies or scenery, but certainly memories of playing Circus as a kid.

Got to agree with the zoning out thing. You can really rack up if you can Zen. It's amazing how much better at gameplay your instincts and subconscience are than your conscious play.

how many games was Mario in anyways!? i was surprised to see him in that one LOL . icon_rolling.gif

Mario had cameos in a lot of early Game Boy games. Nintendo ported Qix to the Game Boy themselves and Mario even appeared in that one.

Mario is on Tetris, when you play 2 player.

Dr. Mario, as Dr. Barjo on my HP 50g. That version never gets particularly fast, so it's pretty relaxing. Before that it was Lumines, but my PSP's battery is dead, so I don't get to play it these days.

If you have a XBox 360, check out Lumines Live on that. It's a upgraded version of the game and is a wonderfull puzzle game, and with some interesting music and background patterns. :)

Generally, I tend to play games I find "easy" or have memorized by heart to be fairly mellowing, such as the NES Chip n' Dale Rescue Rangers, TMNT: The Hyperstone Heist on Genesis, or Super Mario World on SNES.

For something that's probably most literally on the more "mellow" side, I'd probably think of the Aerobiz series - a game that's hardly action-packed at all, and as a test of your business-savvy (And your ability to completely forget what happened this decade and accept that the 2000+ Years are randomly generated.), it's a game where you to tend to spend a lot more time in careful thought than even interacting with the screen.

Also, pretty much any visual-novel genre-style game. Although, most of the ones gaining popularity in the US now don't technically qualify as "classic gaming", but, hey, there's always Princess Maker 2...