IGNORED

Pre-Order Page is now up for 7800 Expansion Module

Curt Vendel

Thanks, couldn't have said it any better myself :-)

I was thinking of making more of the cartridge guides and selling them direct for people who want to upgrade their 7800's with a guide that fits those tight and non-fitting game carts, this way everyone benefits.

Since it has direct pass-through for playing 2600 and 7800 titles have you guys made the cart slot bigger so that it plays weirdly shaped 2600 carts like Imagic games more easily than the vanilla 7800 slot?

It's based around the tooling of 2600 cart guide (though the pin-out is 7800-based) and there's plenty of breathing room around the connector slot, so besides playing all of the 7800 library, it should play all of the 2600 library, including all of the finicky Activision and Imagic titles without problem - no modding of the 7800 necessary. An extra bonus feature that doesn't get mentioned enough.;)

Hi all...

Sorry I got this up late, was a busy weekend. Okay, I got the full payment Pre-order page up now, having trouble with the 50/50% Pre-order page, and I have an email to the storefront coders to see if I can get a solution otherwise I'll work something out tomorrow to get the 50% down Pre-Order going.

Again, to remind everyone - shipments are not until the end of November - I've put this is HUGE RED LETTERING at the bottom of the order page so there is no misunderstandings...

http://www.legacyengineer.com/storefront/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=39&products_id=115

Thanks,

Curt

My order is in! I'm totally psyched. myico1.png

Edited by Madaracs

This really looks like it's shaping up to be a fantastic product. I still think the Pre-Orders might move a little more briskly though if there were more confirmed &/or officially announced titles to support it. I'm PSYCHED about the Donkey Kong upgrade, and Dungeon looks great too.

The economy being in the dumper certainly isn't helping either. Not a whole lot we can do about that.

The economy being in the dumper certainly isn't helping either. Not a whole lot we can do about that.

Not until next month, anyway.

;)

Elections make no difference. ALL politicians are corrupt scumbags who will have little, to no direct effect on the economy.

Please stop right now with the political discussion and stick to the topic at hand.

Thank you,

..Al

• Like 2

I switched backend payment services, the old one was continuously having AMEX payment problems, new service appears to be running all credit card types perfectly.

Curt

System is saying American Express not accepted

Not having any luck with AMEX either. It's complaining about my billing address.

Tried again today and was successful.

Hi,

Sorry, I haven't gotten back to you about internal high score boards for your project, you will have to give me some time, I'm knee deep in getting the expansion modules completed for shipping, there is a tremendous amount of work involved. I'll be back to you soon....

Curt

Curt, please respond to my PM.

Thanks,

AX

Status Update:

#1. Tooling Factory says they may be able to shave 5 days off of the tooling time, and the delivery of the plastic enclosures should be right around the 16th of November. Which is good because I was thinking they would arrive around the 20th-21st.

#2. I "splurged" so to speak, it's costing me out of pocket a lot to do this, but for those familiar with steel tooling and the chemical process for texturing, I am as closely as possible trying to match the texture of the original Atari 7800 casing and I'm having the P20 steel done in an SPI-C1 with Medium Bead blasting. The only thing I couldn't do because its ASTRONOMICALLY expensive is have the sides of the module polished so they are shiny like the sides of the 7800, the quotes I got nearly made my eye's pop out, apparently the polishing process is lengthy and very very VERY expensive, so I can't do it and I'm sorry that it will not have that cosmetic appearance.

Boxes...

I am talking with Justin from atari7800.com tomorrow and going to see about him doing the box design, I was going to do a standard Atari XL silver peripheral box look (like the 1050, 1020, 1025 type boxes) but Justin just did this amazing design work for a brochure mockup for his site and I am going to give him a shot at doing a design for the 7800XM box.

Manual, gonna start talking with Mark, Bob and Eduardo to pull together from them Coding examples, a memory map layout and other technical data for the Manual for the unit.

Curt

Edited by Curt Vendel
  • Like 2

Hi,

Sorry, I haven't gotten back to you about internal high score boards for your project, you will have to give me some time, I'm knee deep in getting the expansion modules completed for shipping, there is a tremendous amount of work involved. I'll be back to you soon....

Curt

Curt, please respond to my PM.

Thanks,

AX

Thing is, I'm weighing the option, and the buyers as well would have a say in this, but thought it may be cool to just have the units externally. Can you shoot me some ideas on price for 25 or 26 units with unassembled shells (for matching paint job) and no packaging?

Thanks,

AX

Great website and thank so very much for spreading the word about the project.

I just posted a little article about the module on GridCycle--a small community gaming blog largely populated by Minnesotans. There's a little propaganda between the lines but the facts are gathered from here and the Legacy website. :) Who knows, maybe some of our local peeps will be more interested in getting one of their own now. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Thanks, couldn't have said it any better myself :-)

I was thinking of making more of the cartridge guides and selling them direct for people who want to upgrade their 7800's with a guide that fits those tight and non-fitting game carts, this way everyone benefits.

Since it has direct pass-through for playing 2600 and 7800 titles have you guys made the cart slot bigger so that it plays weirdly shaped 2600 carts like Imagic games more easily than the vanilla 7800 slot?

It's based around the tooling of 2600 cart guide (though the pin-out is 7800-based) and there's plenty of breathing room around the connector slot, so besides playing all of the 7800 library, it should play all of the 2600 library, including all of the finicky Activision and Imagic titles without problem - no modding of the 7800 necessary. An extra bonus feature that doesn't get mentioned enough.;)

I'm not sure if it was in this thread or somewhere else, but I read about this thing about Imagic carts supposedly not fitting in the 7800.

So I went home, grabbed a few Imagic carts, and plugged them into my 7800 - without a problem at all.

<shrug>

Just 10 more 'til the 150 mark, but why stop there?! ;) We're pushing close to magic-number land, but our princess is in another castle, so we need some more would-be champions who have been a little shy to tread the waters, to put on their floaters and dip their toes in the pool. :)

Or, let's put it this way - 10 more units until you get to shut me up! (for awhile) ;)

EDIT: for increased clarity and sanity.

Edited by AtariNerd