IGNORED

Looking for some frogger like game from the 90's

yuppicide

Last night I had MAME open for the Girlfriend to play. She pulled up some frog game from the 90's. At first I didn't like it.. the graphics looked like old pixelated bitmap type stuff.. like something the Commodore 64 might do. Seeing it had a bunch of levels I got interested. Now I can't find it!

I can describe it.

You're a green frog. Spiders crawl around the screen you must avoid. You eat a certain amount of insects to get to the next level. Some of the insects fly.

After you clear a few levels you get a short intermission that describes what's ahead.

There's levels with ant hills and ants come out for you to eat, a level where you catch fish in the ocean and have to run out of the way of huge waves coming in and there's a log you can hop on, there's levels with gears that move and spin you around.

I always wondered if Ribbit had the same pinout as Frogger PCB's. That would be freakin' sweet to plug a Ribbit right into my Frogger machine and blow peoples mind with the enhanced graphics/etc..Even if it was a different pin I would rewire it to play it, Too bad I have never seen one for sale and by the looks of the KLOV registry it is a pretty rare board :sad:

I actually recall playing this in an arcade once.. the reason I remembered now is because I got to the level where you're on the beach and waves come towards you and you have to run away. I recall doing this and almost getting caught in the water.. my friends and I had good laughs in the arcade.