IGNORED

Jaguar Cartridge End Labels

mrbigreddog

I notice you used the title screen Frog Feast logo. From a design stand point I think that one is too crowded for the format you chose. There is the cover art Frog Feast title that is in an entirely horizontal format that I think works better.

Yeah, that was the only artwork I could find at the time, I ended up completely redrawing that one because the resolution was so low for the screen shot I found. I still have a few of these full sets printed, but maybe if I happen to get a few more orders of these, I'll take a look into changing that one. Also having that on one line may not look right with the tongue curved with the top of the cartridge, but you never know!

I designed the box, label and manual (though it wasn't included with the original run of cartridges). I have the original files including the title used on the box and label.

The Jaguar labels are really cool but there is a slight problem with them. After a few weeks they start to peel up because of the curvature of the top of the Jag carts. I wonder if making the labels more narrow would help this?

Weird! These decals are design for curved surfaces!! And mine still look great! I was say get a hair dryer and heat them up a little and press firmly. That should help activate the adhesive. Other than that, only thing I can think of is that your cartridges might have been a bit dirty or oily, or possibly humidity. Try these things and see if you still have issues, if there is still any problems let me know.

Would you do onesy-twosy orders for replacement cartridge face/end labels for 2600, 5200, Colecovision, Genesis, NES, and SNES game cartridges? I have some, especially Parker Bros. 2600, 5200 and Colecovision carts, that need replacement labels.

Please let me know.

Thanks.

TZ

The Jaguar labels are really cool but there is a slight problem with them. After a few weeks they start to peel up because of the curvature of the top of the Jag carts. I wonder if making the labels more narrow would help this?

Weird! These decals are design for curved surfaces!! And mine still look great! I was say get a hair dryer and heat them up a little and press firmly. That should help activate the adhesive. Other than that, only thing I can think of is that your cartridges might have been a bit dirty or oily, or possibly humidity. Try these things and see if you still have issues, if there is still any problems let me know.

they still look great its just i think they need a bit more adhesive strength. this happened on brand new carts ;) and i live in california no humidity.

its not that serious but still i noticed it ;) Even after pressing very very firmly, it sticks down for weeks but after a few weeks the carts look like the one in the photos here, slightly peeling. I think a narrower label would remedy this.

post-2908-0-70807700-1307766097_thumb.jpg

post-2908-0-49907500-1307766112_thumb.jpg

post-2908-0-71727800-1307766129_thumb.jpg

post-2908-0-60904500-1307766144_thumb.jpg

Edited by kevincal

It's not surprising really considering the curvature and the rough plastic (the area that is supposed to have stickers on a Jag cart is perfectly smooth, unlike the rest that is made to be more tactile). There's bound to be some kind of product that will sit them down & have them stay there, not sure how the existing adhesive would affect that though.

I can't say I've had this problem.

I used a clean smooth cloth to stick mine done, I carefully placed the stickers central to the top of the cart so just the middle made contact first. I then pressed fairly hard and 'smoothed' the cloth over from left to right, first up then down. This ensures the adhesive makes the greatest contact with the plastic.

I applied them when these labels first became available and they have not lifted yet.

I also keep them in a shoe box which is then in a plastic storage box with lid. Maybe this helps keeps them stuck too?

I applied them when these labels first became available and they have not lifted yet.

Same here, no lifting is evident on any of the carts. I used quite the same method for applying them as well.

I applied them using this same technique but, for some reason, they are lifting. I think I'll just try the blow dryer to see if that makes them adhere better.

Same here, no lifting is evident on any of the carts. I used quite the same method for applying them as well.

I applied them using this same technique but, for some reason, they are lifting. I think I'll just try the blow dryer to see if that makes them adhere better.

Good luck, keep us up to date. I just re-checked all of my carts, and everything is well adhered! Ever the VERY first test cart I made is still very well stuck. If you still have issues, let me know! I'll work you up some kind of deal.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Here's my effort. Mrbigreddog kindly posted another set after the first lot went missing in the post! some of them lift just slightly but I found I could generate enough heat (no hairdryer needed) by rubbing the end of the cart, sticker in place, on a cloth - friction does the rest!

Trev Mcfur is the worst for lifting as I think the black plastic must have a slightly different texture.

Cheers.

post-7413-0-94606300-1369303675_thumb.jpg

Trev Mcfur is the worst for lifting as I think the black plastic must have a slightly different texture.

You can't blame the sticker for not wanting to be part of TMF... more power to you, wee sticker!

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

He's been MIA on the other gaming sites too. Fortunately I was only burned for $20 myself (32x labels). Paid in April, no labels and haven't heard from him. I think that eventually he'll come through though. He's had a history of unreliability, but his stuff is very nice, and he usually comes back around after a while from what I've seen of him over the years.