IGNORED

jag cd - primal rage - original cd master

d8thstar

hi all,

i have the original cd master (gold) for primal rage that i'm accepting offers on.

i was the project manager that handled the atari account way back ('95-'96 i believe) at KAO Infosystems, atari's cd replicator, we were located in fremont, california.

this is the gold master that atari handed over to us to replicate primal rage for them.

across the front is hand written (by me, as was our procedure), "primal rage atari-cd". along the inner hub, is hand written the following "PM OK", a couple of pre-mastering initials basically signing off that the master is good, and what i believe to be the date "12-13".

in all honesty, i can't tell you if this plays in an a retail cd unit, i just don't remember (been a long time).

anyway, just checking for interest level. if anyone is interested in this truly one of kind item, hit me up with an offer

It's a gold CD master, so I would expect it to be encrypted- right?(one would think) Why would they want to make a bunch of copies if it wasn't encrypted? Especially if it was a final and for retail production? (by the fact that it was sent to KAO for pressed glass mastering replication)

Anyways, if it's not encrypted that's fine I guess, I could still boot it -as long as it's a good disc. Have you ever personally booted it up BTW???

Just asking questions :P ;), I am interested and want to make an offer - could you post a pic of it for me. Also, what is the physical condition of the disc?(scratches?)

Thanks much!, for any additional info d8thstar! :)

Edited by ovalbugmann

hey ovalbugmann,

i wish i could be 100% certain that i booted it up on my jag cd when i still had it. my memory says 'yes' but it's been about 15 years since i got it so i can't say for sure (i had a retail disc also which i used to play and safely stashed the gold master away).

the disc itself is flawless, no scratches, not even a fingerprint. i'm attaching a picture for you to take a look at.

thanks for the interest, drop me a PM to discuss further?

tony

post-356-128659653016_thumb.jpg