IGNORED

Droid800: Android phones A8 emulator

Philsan

Thanks! I is working now :-) Too bad that sound is at least 40% of fun factor in atari games...

To Diggerbonk: Please try to fix sound problem with Droid800 and Samsung galaxyS. I can test updates if you need somebody with galaxy s.

I will gladly pay few bucks at android market for good and fully working version of Droid800.

regards

fluke

I would be happy to try and fix your problem in exchange for using your Galaxy S as a test mule :-)

For starters I'll need to get some log output:

1) There is a free application in the market called aLogcat, grab it.

2) Start Droid800 with sound enabled and let it fail as you described in a previous post.

3) Fire up aLocat, and touch menu->send

4) Send the log to diggerbonk at gmail dot com

If there's not enough info in that log file to see what is going on I'll post a debug build that you can run in a similar way.

Trent.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New version of Droid800 emulator released but, if I am not wrong, still no full keyboard support.

I've released a version with a virtual keyboard and some other enhancements. I'll probably make a couple tweaks to the keyboard before the next release but right now I'm distracted with improving sound support...

• 3 weeks later...

my port atari800 to android updated

test version atari800-2.2.0rc1 b3

- more new features

- remap hardware and on-screen keys

Thanks to pelya's for great SDL-lib

Hello,

I installed emulator on my Samsung galaxy S and tried several games and everything is working great. There is one exception - Bruce Lee - Bruce and those two bad guys are stucking in the floor and it is impossible to play. I've tried five roms with Bruce Lee and there is the same problem. Strange thing is that this game was working well on Diggerbonk version however I could not play games with sound. Maybe this is some kind of bug in emulator code.

Fluke

There is one exception - Bruce Lee - Bruce and those two bad guys are stucking in the floor and it is impossible to play. I've tried five roms with Bruce Lee and there is the same problem.

confirmed, but don't know how to fix this bug.

but i think, it will be fixed in final version

Good to see this being developed! I sold Ataris when they first came out up in Cleveland, and still have all my old machines and discs.

If there any thread of faq on which roms to use with which games? I couldn't get alley cat to run, and once I landed, I couldn't take off in rescue at fractalus, when I was install testing this yesterday. (The engine button speeds are period and comma, I think)

Also, the touch locations are fine on my droid X, but the joystick button graphic is in the wrong location.

(On the default lower left joystick lower right button setting, the button graphic overlay is split between the top left and right parts of the screen.)

Also, I see the option to stretch the screen display full screen.. on a hd widescreen phone like the Droidx, that distorts the image, but the standard display does not actually go from the full top to the full bottom of the display. Is there and option to "fit screen height"?

Its just amazing to see my old 8 bit friends running in emulation on my friggin phone. (The DX also has an hdmi out, so here I was playing on my phone, seeing it on my 50" plasma screen!)

Is this still being optimised, or is it pretty much as good as its gonna get?

If there any thread of faq on which roms to use with which games? I couldn't get alley cat to run, and once I landed, I couldn't take off in rescue at fractalus, when I was install testing this yesterday. (The engine button speeds are period and comma, I think)

No not really, I keep a small list of games I use for testing here: http://code.google.com/p/droid800/wiki/TestFiles

Also, the touch locations are fine on my droid X, but the joystick button graphic is in the wrong location.

(On the default lower left joystick lower right button setting, the button graphic overlay is split between the top left and right parts of the screen.)

The quarter circles in the top left and right are buttons for opening the on screen keyboard and control buttons. The trigger is activated whenever you press the half of the screen that doesn't contain the dpad graphic. See the manual: The manual is here: http://code.google.com/p/droid800/wiki/Manual

Also, I see the option to stretch the screen display full screen.. on a hd widescreen phone like the Droidx, that distorts the image, but the standard display does not actually go from the full top to the full bottom of the display. Is there and option to "fit screen height"?

The bits on top and bottom are part of the Emulator screen, which is a bit larger than the typical viewable area on the A8.

I haven't tried it yet since I still need to upload some ROMs to it. But please tell me it supports a physical keyboard.

It has a keyboard that pops up and covers half your screen, but it's very hard to use. I have it on my phone, but I haven't messed with it that much. It doesn't appear to support your phone's keyboard, although I'm not 100% sure of that. The arrow keys seem to at least work for gameplay, but I haven't been able to type any text with it.

I haven't tried it yet since I still need to upload some ROMs to it. But please tell me it supports a physical keyboard.

It has a keyboard that pops up and covers half your screen, but it's very hard to use. I have it on my phone, but I haven't messed with it that much. It doesn't appear to support your phone's keyboard, although I'm not 100% sure of that. The arrow keys seem to at least work for gameplay, but I haven't been able to type any text with it.

That's what turned me off one of those NES emulators I tried. I don't want controls taking up the screen. that's where I view the game. The slide-out keyboard? yes, use that. that's the stuff.

Will this thing work with the Droid800?

I have a HTC Desire and might get it if it works.

http://icontrolpad.com/

Its from the same guys who are producing the OpenPandora, just in case you didn't know.

Well if it's from the OpenPandora guys I would give them 2.5 years lead time to produce it :-)

Kidding aside - I will be adding support for bluetooth controllers in the near future and if this becomes reality I'd support it.

I assume you've upgraded from an older version. Try resetting preferences to their default values (press menu from the home screen).

Tried, but without success.

I'll have some time tonight to look into it. This is with Droid800 v7? Anything else I should know about your kit? Rooted? Locale?

I assume you've upgraded from an older version. Try resetting preferences to their default values (press menu from the home screen).

Tried, but without success.

I'll have some time tonight to look into it. This is with Droid800 v7? Anything else I should know about your kit? Rooted? Locale?

Your phone doesn't seem to like a blank "summary" attribute in a list item. Try this: http://code.google.com/p/droid800/downloads/detail?name=Droid800-7.2.apk

Your phone doesn't seem to like a blank "summary" attribute in a list item. Try this: http://code.google.com/p/droid800/downloads/detail?name=Droid800-7.2.apk

My kit:

Samsung i5700 (Android 2.2) CyanogenMod-6.1.1-Spica-alpha8.3 (rooted)

locale: ukrainian (tried to change locale to english but same problem)

I can slide down and see point menu "Show Speed", but when try slide more down i receive "Force Close"

Same problem with 7.2

My kit:

Samsung i5700 (Android 2.2) CyanogenMod-6.1.1-Spica-alpha8.3 (rooted)

locale: ukrainian (tried to change locale to english but same problem)

I can slide down and see point menu "Show Speed", but when try slide more down i receive "Force Close"

Same problem with 7.2

This is what makes Android development so much fun :-) I cannot replicate the issue with my devices (Moto Droid / Google dev phone 1) or in emulation. I suspect I know what it is since it started after I added dynamic summaries in the preferences dialog, I'll post a build with that removed later today.