IGNORED

Which games use Difficulty?

Yart

Hello.

I figured since I'm interested in the Atari 2600, and shamefully I don't own one anymore (lost a bunch in a move), I'd ask this question which I feel will be very important as far as my play time goes.

Which games use the Difficulty switch for things other than difficulty? You know, that actually affects things in game play. (For instance, I believe Secret Quest uses a switch to bring up an inventory) Do any games for that matter?

The reason I'm asking is because I know someone selling a Vader model of the 2600, but I don't want to reach all the way in the back for the switch to do something that is crucial to the game that is mission critical.

Would I be better off waiting for a six switch?

Thank!

The reason I'm asking is because I know someone selling a Vader model of the 2600, but I don't want to reach all the way in the back for the switch to do something that is crucial to the game that is mission critical.

It's such a great distance. I think you need a passport to go that far. Might have it's own zip code and area code from the rest of the console.

So many Atarians have been sadly sidelined by sprains and even fractures suffered while reaching that great distance to get to the difficulty switch in the heat of gaming. I believe there's a foundation out there accepting donations to help cover their life-time of medical costs suffered from those injuries. I believe donations are tax deductible.

What's even worse are those few deaths that have occurred from misinformed gamers who, using a 5200, also believed there was a difficulty switch on the back of that giant machine. I haven't bore witness myself, but I hear they lost their lives trying to reach for switches that sadly weren't even there.

• Like 3

All of 'em feature difficulty. To play the difficult way, stand upside-down with your head in a bucket of piranha. Switches are for sissies.

Anyway, the number of games that actively utilize the switches are so few that it's probably a non-issue. Starmaster mentioned above does, but the B&W switch has the same effect. Space Shuttle uses everything, but toggling the switches is the least of your worries in that game.

It's such a great distance. I think you need a passport to go that far. Might have it's own zip code and area code from the rest of the console.

So many Atarians have been sadly sidelined by sprains and even fractures suffered while reaching that great distance to get to the difficulty switch in the heat of gaming. I believe there's a foundation out there accepting donations to help cover their life-time of medical costs suffered from those injuries. I believe donations are tax deductible.

What's even worse are those few deaths that have occurred from misinformed gamers who, using a 5200, also believed there was a difficulty switch on the back of that giant machine. I haven't bore witness myself, but I hear they lost their lives trying to reach for switches that sadly weren't even there.

mmm, sarcasm... :lust:

Brilliant, yet dry. Very dry. An example of the best kind: Topical to the last, dry, razor-sharp, yet no one gets hurt.

Brian R.: Sir, if I wore a hat, it would be off to you. :thumbsup:

mmm, sarcasm... :lust:

Brilliant, yet dry. Very dry. An example of the best kind: Topical to the last, dry, razor-sharp, yet no one gets hurt.

Brian R.: Sir, if I wore a hat, it would be off to you. :thumbsup:

Oh, you're too kind. Your compliments are much appreciated.

... and I do have a hat... ;)