IGNORED

Just a quick thought. Game characters made out of perler beads

backin89

I posted in another thread about some financial trouble. Thought this might help us out. My wife makes those perler beads into game characters. I'm sure it's been mentioned on here before and you may have seen them on the internet. My wife has made several and would like to make others if there is anyone interested in buying a few. She charges $3 ea. + shipping and has many like Mario, Yoshi, Sonic, 1-ups, Mushrooms, etc. Let me know. I also posted many things up for sale in the marketplace as well. 2600 games and some import stuff.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/170855-big-lot-of-japanese-import-games-saturn-sfc/

I posted in another thread about some financial trouble. Thought this might help us out. My wife makes those perler beads into game characters. I'm sure it's been mentioned on here before and you may have seen them on the internet. My wife has made several and would like to make others if there is anyone interested in buying a few. She charges $3 ea. + shipping and has many like Mario, Yoshi, Sonic, 1-ups, Mushrooms, etc. Let me know. I also posted many things up for sale in the marketplace as well. 2600 games and some import stuff.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/170855-big-lot-of-japanese-import-games-saturn-sfc/

Perhaps you should post some pictures.

Do you guys have an eBay or Etsy account or anything where you sell these?

http://www.atariage....mes-saturn-sfc/

Perhaps you should post some pictures.

Do you guys have an eBay or Etsy account or anything where you sell these?

she dont like ebay that's why im trying to help her by posting on here to see if anyone would buy from her ive posted some of the things that she has made but i cant fit all of them that she has made on here just let me know if u are interested or anyone else who reads this

post-26392-128708057762_thumb.jpg

post-26392-128708058968_thumb.jpg

post-26392-128708060133_thumb.jpg

Edited by backin89

Wow, those are really good. I would be interested to see what other sprites she could make out of perler beads.

She should really make a http://www.deviantart.com account and post picture of them on there. Im telling you, deviant is saturated, especially with gamers, she'll get instant comments and requests the moment she posts them. Also try Etsy, its a website strictly for selling hand made stuff, nothing like eBay.

The forums here arent really the best place because you have to keep bumping or reposting it, and then people start to get annoyed. But they would for sure get exposure on Deviant/ Etsy, and be sure to post new ones in the Market Place forum here on AA!

Edited by jeremysart

Yeah, and making a stack of 5x6 beads would be a little difficult, not to mention, you would need a crapload of them :P Though the giant sprite you'd have would be cool....maybe as a wall hanger :D

I'll have to dig out my pearler stuff, I had a custom board that could do 32x32 beads, but I rarely did anything with that, mostly just 8x8 and 16x16. I still got tons of mario stuff around here too, I should dig out my mario keychain, which people have asked about buying, but I never thought of selling any.

Been doing this for years. You can do some neat stuff with it. These are only ones I still have since I usually give them as gifts. They make great fridge magnets and holiday ornaments. MegaManFan has a FlashMan one I did for him a while back.

post-2244-128776486902_thumb.jpg

Nintendo Power, December 2010, page 93. It has an article about this. Looks like it's a very popular thing to do, I need to go down to the art shop and get some perler beads!

What issue is that in? Dec. 2010 is not out yet...

Been doing this for years. You can do some neat stuff with it. These are only ones I still have since I usually give them as gifts. They make great fridge magnets and holiday ornaments. MegaManFan has a FlashMan one I did for him a while back.

Those are nice. Very well done.

Thanks! Those each took a couple of hours to do, and the board I have is EXACTLY the right dimensions for those sprites, so I was pushing the limits. I've also done Magnet Man, Metal Man, Flash Man, Proto Man... sure there's more. Did a few Berzerk robots too but they are obviously much less complex. Maybe I'll knock out some MegaMan 9 and 10 ones this year. :cool:

What issue is that in? Dec. 2010 is not out yet...

The one with Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong on the cover about Donkey Kong Country Returns. I got my copy in the mail two days ago.

Wow, no kidding? I only got my Nov. issue about two weeks ago!