IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 3 Round 16 River Raid

roadrunner

Bridge 30 is tough, that shootin' chopper got me 3 times. :x

I'm getting to higher bridges with lower scores; you people must be flying at slow pace or I'm maneuvering around things a lot more than shooting them down.

I also get to bridge 30 almost every time I play but scores are lower:

post-12094-128834830021_thumb.jpg

post-12094-128834831208_thumb.jpg

I'm getting to higher bridges with lower scores; you people must be flying at slow pace or I'm maneuvering around things a lot more than shooting them down.

Yeah, it helps to go real slow and shoot everything in sight! ;) :)

Yeah, it helps to go real slow and shoot everything in sight! ;) :)

I'm still ahead of both of you in bridges conquered. I may need to try playing at slow pace to get a higher score.

post-12094-128838210422_thumb.jpg

post-12094-128838211896_thumb.jpg

Go slow until bridge 20 to build up extra planes. Blow up fuel while flying over it. After b-20, go med to fast until you see fuel then slow down and try to clear out the enemies near it. Then speed up again. Some of the bridges after 30 only have one fuel depot. Keep the guns blazing!

Go slow until bridge 20 to build up extra planes. Blow up fuel while flying over it. After b-20, go med to fast until you see fuel then slow down and try to clear out the enemies near it. Then speed up again. Some of the bridges after 30 only have one fuel depot. Keep the guns blazing!

I just play normal speed for most of the game. I can't get used to slow pace. But one thing I notice is that if you play consecutive games, you tend to get higher score as you get used to some of the bridges. I'll hit 60K+ if I find some more time today.

post-12094-128856374485_thumb.jpg

post-12094-128856375334_thumb.jpg

I usually play a "warm-up" game at faster speeds, then play my serious game. I can only play one serious attempt per day on workdays, so I've got one more left for the morning.

Opinions on the controllers aside, I was always a lot better at this version with stock cx52s than any other one I've yet played. This is also one of only 2 5200 titles that I have a shot at winning for a change.

Enjoy the game and the challenge.

Edited by zylon

I usually play a "warm-up" game at faster speeds, then play my serious game. I can only play one serious attempt per day on workdays, so I've got one more left for the morning.

Opinions on the controllers aside, I was always a lot better at this version with stock cx52s than any other one I've yet played. This is also one of only 2 5200 titles that I have a shot at winning for a change.

Enjoy the game and the challenge.

Since I can't play too many consecutive games, I usually play bridge 50 and see how far I can get and then start the normal game which then obviously seems a lot easier. Just hit 60K-- may give it a shot tomorrow morning. Try to see how far you get from bridge 50 if you get time.

post-12094-128856967734_thumb.jpg

post-12094-128856968583_thumb.jpg