IGNORED

Sega CDX Or JVC X'EYE?

Both are pretty cool machines, but if I were selling one because I didn't have space or thought I should only have one, I'd sell the X'Eye and keep the CDX. The CDX would get more money assuming they are in roughly the same condition, though, so if you're looking to get some extra cash, I'd say keep the X'Eye and ditch the CDX.

The CDX is smaller, probably worth more too, so I would go with that personally. And you can use the 32X on it, in case you ever wanted to.

And, although it looks weird as heck, you can use the Sega Master System thing on it too. I recently was really surprised that in a bin of my own personal consoles, I had a CDX. I vaguely remember buying it a couple years ago, but though I had sold it. I thought about selling it, but then thought it might work really well on my video game console rack. I decided to try plugging that thing into it, and it works. It's like a Geni 3 that can do everything.

I'd keep it and ditch the X'Eye. No clue on if the X'Eye can run either the SMS or 32X adapters, but that's why I would keep the CDX. Oh, and you can use it as a portable CD player... not that you ever would, but I do know one of my friends who did about 10 or so years ago!

I'd keep it and ditch the X'Eye. No clue on if the X'Eye can run either the SMS or 32X adapters, but that's why I would keep the CDX. Oh, and you can use it as a portable CD player... not that you ever would, but I do know one of my friends who did about 10 or so years ago!

I'm fairly certain that the X'Eye can use the 32X (I think I remember trying it out when I first got mine), but I've never tried the SMS converter on anything but my Genesis 1.

I'm going to go against the grain here and say keep the JVC X Eye... it is a quirky little system that needs some love. Sure, you can't do as much with it and it may not be "worth" more. But it is interesting units like this that give your collection more character. :D

Doesnt the X'eye have enhanced sound capabilities because of JVC? something the CDX doesnt have?

Doesnt the X'eye have enhanced sound capabilities because of JVC? something the CDX doesnt have?

The Wondermega might, but I don't the X'Eye ever did. About the only benefit I can think of is that it's easier to get stereo out of an X'Eye since you don't have to use a patch cable to go from the front of a Genesis 1 to the back of a SegaCD! I think that most of the cool features were dropped for the North American version.

you don't have to use a patch cable to go from the front of a Genesis 1 to the back of a SegaCD!

Not sure what it's like on the model 1 Sega CD, but on the model 2, it has stereo-out on the back of the unit. You don't have to run anything from the front of the Genesis to it.

you don't have to use a patch cable to go from the front of a Genesis 1 to the back of a SegaCD!

Not sure what it's like on the model 1 Sega CD, but on the model 2, it has stereo-out on the back of the unit. You don't have to run anything from the front of the Genesis to it.

Both models have the stereo jacks, but the Genesis 1 doesn't have the capability of passing sound to the SegaCD through the expansion slot like the Genesis 2 does, so it requires a cable to go from the microphone jack to the back of the SegaCD in order to get stereo sound out of both (Otherwise you just hear the sounds coming from the SegaCD).