IGNORED

Atari-Forum.com...

Willsy

hey the internet gives me this notice when i try to access the atari-forums site

This index file needs to be replaced with a file from your backup

so i know little of the internet , but appears that a configuration file is missing

too bad , i like the atari forums , this one takes a long time to load on my screen

thanks

charles

too bad , i like the atari forums , this one takes a long time to load on my screen

LOL Charles, this one is faster then Atari-forums for me...

But that is understandable for my case because there are more undersea cables that carries the internet going from Asia to US than from Asia to Europe.

However, in your case, Canada to US is surely faster than crossing the Atlantic... so go figure :?

Edit:... Ok so i assume that Atari-forums is in EU. may be wrong.

Edited by wongck

But that is understandable for my case because there are more undersea cables that carries the internet going from Asia to US than from Asia to Europe.

However, in your case, Canada to US is surely faster than crossing the Atlantic... so go figure :?

hmm, I thought Canada was in France ? :lust:

Damn thing is still down. The host that A-F is on seems to be a load of rubbish.

Perhaps I should offer to host it for the owner? At leaast I could then access it via BT!

I've spoken to BT (takes days to actually speak to someone in 3rd level support) and they CONFIRM that the HOST (not Atari-Forum) is blacklisted.

This can only mean that the host has been caught hosting seriously illegal content. I would imagine that the host probably knew nothing about it, but it won't stop them getting blasted off the web...

Damn thing is still down. The host that A-F is on seems to be a load of rubbish.

Perhaps I should offer to host it for the owner? At leaast I could then access it via BT!

I've spoken to BT (takes days to actually speak to someone in 3rd level support) and they CONFIRM that the HOST (not Atari-Forum) is blacklisted.

This can only mean that the host has been caught hosting seriously illegal content. I would imagine that the host probably knew nothing about it, but it won't stop them getting blasted off the web...

I guess that means that some people here will be switching or changing providers...hint, don't go with talktalk

I found it very confusing a few days ago, when I received a PM from someone at AF, yet couldn't access the site.

Thanks for mentioning OpenDNS. Added it to my DNS list on the router, and can access the site again without issue.

(edit): Oh, bugger...now all I get is a 404 error.

Edited by eeun

Guys, relax.

It is really an error coming from AF's web server. If you read the footer carefully "Apache/2 Server at www.atari-forum.com Port 80" then you'll come to realise that it is neither a DNS nor a blocked IP issue. So lean back, relax, have a cup of tea and let the guys at AF install the back-up.

Cheers,

Thomas