IGNORED

I Finally find an Intv game who my daugther likes!

edintv

Shark Shark rocks. You would be surprised how many kids enjoy the simpler games of the past over the current gen games. There are a lot of kids jumping on the retro band wagon. They are popping up on Youtube left and right.

Right, many old-school games are build around very simple and easy to grasp concepts. Besides, they have basic twitch skill mechanics which can improve hand-eye coordination, so they are actually an excellent choice for kids even after 30 years!

Ed, does your daughter like also Lock n Chase (it was one of my favs when a kid!) or Shark!Shark! is her only favorite on the Inty for now?

cheers!

Shark Shark rocks. You would be surprised how many kids enjoy the simpler games of the past over the current gen games. There are a lot of kids jumping on the retro band wagon. They are popping up on Youtube left and right.

Right, many old-school games are build around very simple and easy to grasp concepts. Besides, they have basic twitch skill mechanics which can improve hand-eye coordination, so they are actually an excellent choice for kids even after 30 years!

Ed, does your daughter like also Lock n Chase (it was one of my favs when a kid!) or Shark!Shark! is her only favorite on the Inty for now?

cheers!

I tried with her several games like astrosmash, snafu, etc. but shark won for tha animal concept, really.

A funny story of my daugther, I play with her Daemon Attack, and when she look at the manual and was impressed about the middle picture of the dragan, she ask me "why don´t the games is like that"

Yes, the manual and box artwork far exceeded the graphics capabilities back then. But as we all know, graphics aren't everything. The games were fun, fun, and fun. That was enough for me back then and is now. :)

• Like 1

That's fantastic!!!Consider yourself lucky that your daughter is more of the "outdoors" type!!, that's a rarity with kids nowadays.

Yes is very true, I also try to not giving her Soda (especially cafeinated ones) or Macdonalds. In that way i solve half of the issues the kids today are facing, Obesity and Diabetes. Thank god that the HFCS is not used in my country!

We have on ly two seasons here, Rain and no rain, so sometimes the rainy days are very difficult, she´s bored to the extreme! But i´m glad she´s like that.

That's fantastic!!!Consider yourself lucky that your daughter is more of the "outdoors" type!!, that's a rarity with kids nowadays.

Yes is very true, I also try to not giving her Soda (especially cafeinated ones) or Macdonalds. In that way i solve half of the issues the kids today are facing, Obesity and Diabetes. Thank god that the HFCS is not used in my country!

We have on ly two seasons here, Rain and no rain, so sometimes the rainy days are very difficult, she´s bored to the extreme! But i´m glad she´s like that.

You are a very smart person!

I just picked up a lot of games some loose and some CIB that has Shark! Shark! in it CIB. Intellivision actually seems to be a fairly easy system to collect for. Only the most extreme rares like Stadium Mud Buggies and Diner really command the high prices. Most of the semi rares are still reasonably priced even CIB. Not like the 2600 where some R5's and R6's are expensive to get and anything more rare than that is almost impossible for anyone of more modest means. I even managed to get Thunder Castle and Hover Force loose with manuals for only a few dollars each.

Edited by OldAtarian

I just picked up a lot of games some loose and some CIB that has Shark! Shark! in it CIB. Intellivision actually seems to be a fairly easy system to collect for. Only the most extreme rares like Stadium Mud Buggies and Diner really command the high prices. Most of the semi rares are still reasonably priced even CIB. Not like the 2600 where some R5's and R6's are expensive to get and anything more rare than that is almost impossible for anyone of more modest means. I even managed to get Thunder Castle and Hover Force loose with manuals for only a few dollars each.

Yes is more easy to collect, sometimes you get surprises like in the weekend a CIB world series ended with one bid at 40$ seems cheap to me, i was tempted to bid, but i tougth that will be a very high maximun bid or the last second bidder will take it.

I think the bad fame the controllers has (of being crappy) is making that not a lot of people collect this system, 2600 is far more popular, but that bad fame makes the games more affordable than other systems.

Yes is more easy to collect, sometimes you get surprises like in the weekend a CIB world series ended with one bid at 40$ seems cheap to me, i was tempted to bid, but i tougth that will be a very high maximun bid or the last second bidder will take it.

I think the bad fame the controllers has (of being crappy) is making that not a lot of people collect this system, 2600 is far more popular, but that bad fame makes the games more affordable than other systems.

That was cheap, I think, but not so cheap that I would have jumped in at that price. It would have had to have started lower before it even caught my attention. I might have bid $40 if it started for $1 or less, but not if $40 was the opening bid.